Chapter Fifteen- New Beginning

OLIVER'S P.O.V.

I was very sure that my heart was seizing at this moment, I was lost,trashed, crushed and everything I could think of when I entered the huge bathroom.

I saw a bath tub full of water mixed with a lot of blood.

Holy Jesus!!!!

Please someone, tell me my love isn't in there. But there is only one way to find out.

I quickly pulled off my jacket,leaving my white shirt on.

"Is Claire in there" I heard a shocked voice say behind me,hitting me with the realization that I am not alone in the world.

I raced over to the tub and dug my hands inside it,as I felt a body,with all my strength, I pulled the body out,only to see Claire looking so pale, with injuries on her hands,head and face.

I was scared and broken at the same time.
"Please Claire don't leave me" I said as i raced through the door i n such a hurry.

"Esperanza,let's go to the hospital right now" I said impatiently as i continued to look at Claire and at the same time race downstairs.

"Sí,sí" she responded, but that didn't matter to me.

She mattered to me,she was like the air that I now breath,how will I do without her?

******************************
(At the hospital)

I paced up and down,Claire had been taken into the theatre for almost 2 hours now.

At a point she flatlined and I almost ripped a doctor's head off. Everyone present held me,I was so crazy.

Yeah,I was crazy for Claire,I tried to hide it but the pull was so strong.

My clothes were still stained with blood,but I didn't care.

I knew that she might need someone by her side,so I tried looking for her phone - no where in sight.

I dialled her dad's number and when he picked up,upon my explanation, the bastard had to tell me they are not gonna make there because they were out of the country.

She was left alone.

That thought annoyed me,must she always be.....
No, f*ck that, she's never gonna be alone again,I will be there for her,I will never leave her side.

I sat down impatiently for just any stupid doctor to emerge and tell me something about my wife.

Just anything!!!!
Damn it,I was so impatient!!!!!

******************************
4 hours later.
************
Esperanza brought an extra shirt for me before we left the house, how thoughtful of her cause i now smell like yuck,so i went to change in the restroom.

As i came out of the restroom,a smart looking doctor emerged from Claire special ward.

Esperanza,who had been comforting me for the last 4 hours,got up and raced to the doctor so did I.

"Doc,how's my wife doing" I asked impatiently.

The doctor took his time to study me.

"Are you the patient's husband" he asked.

Dumbass,I mean i just asked the rabbit about MY WIFE.

"Isn't it obvious,any news on her" I almost shouted.
" We tried all we can but....." I didn't allow him finish his statement and I grabbed him and started shaking him.

"But what,but what,but whaaaaat....." I shouted and I heard esperanza already crying.

Oh my God!!!!!!
************************************************************
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
#cliffhanger 2.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You may continue......

My grip on the doctor was hard I shook him so hard,his glasses fell.

"But what, will you talk or should I make you to?" I roared.

"Calm down sir,we tried all we could,but she doesn't want to sleep,she is requesting for you,so can you let me go" he said angrily.

What!!!!
My ears paused,my heart,my whole body ......paused.

Claire wanted to see me.
She's alive.
I breath a sigh of relief,a breath I didn't know I was keeping in.

"Thank God" esperanza said out loud as she came closer to me.

Just as we where about to go to see Claire, another doctor emerged and asked us to follow her to her office,which we did,I was so happy.

"You are the husband of the patient, aren't you?"
"Yes,I am,oliver king"
"I know you sir,I mean,who doesn't, so sir,we have news for you. Now, we have the good news and the bad news,which one would you like first"

"Doctor, tell me my daughter is alright" esperanza said,the way she said 'daughter' made my heart glad.

"She's alright" she said.
"Okay,doc let me have the not-so-good news first."

"She has lost a lot of blood,her blood group is rare and we need to find a blood donor fast."

"Don't worry doc,I will find one right now,so the good news"
Although I felt bad,I also felt relieved,I thought it was going to be something worse than that,and I really needed to hear the good news.

"Well sir,it goes in two ways,first there is nothing broken or fractured in her
body..."
"Oh thank God"

".....and the second" she said and removed her glasses.

"Well,the second news is that...."
"Cut the crap doctor, what's the second one".

She gave me a heartwarming smile.

"Congratulations sir,your wife is 4weeks pregnant, you are gonna be a father" she said as she stretched her hand to me.

But I was gone,I was numb,I couldn't feel my own body anymore. I couldn't move or speak,I just stared at her.

Claire with my child,I couldn't believe it. Emotions from nowhere hit me more, I loved her more

"Oh my God I'm gonna be a dad" I said as I stared at esperanza who was also shocked.

I quickly shook the doctor's hand.

"Thanks a lot,doc,I appreciate your efforts."
"You're welcome" she replied flashing the same smile.

"Come on esperanza"
I began to walk to Claire's ward,the love of my life,the one who has captured my heart again,and if there is one thing I know ,its the fact that this is a new beginning for all of us.

******************************
Watch out for the next chapter.

Also,you can head on to my profile and check out my other story 'I'LL HEAL YOU'

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love y'all.