XXV- What Noah Wants

🦊 Noah's Point of View:

When I spied last night Demi wrapped in Wyatt's arms, I have made up my mind. He didn't pursue her formally and their relationship wasn't even official, I know I have my shot.

Ang tagal ko ng gustong gawin 'to. Matagal ko ng pangarap na makitang suot ni Demi ang Jersey ko. Pero hindi ko magawa noon dahil kay Harrey. He asked her last year and she blatantly said her no.

"To the most beautiful girl in my universe, will you wear my jersey to the game?"I finally asked.

I can see tears spurting out the corners of her eyes. I began to panic. I prepared to myself to hear her anticipated no. She looked at me with a faint smile then to the crowd.

"Y-Yes."sambit niyang hindi halos marinig sa sobrang hina.

Niyakap ko kaagad siya. I stayed for minutes hugging her because I know in seconds she will cry. The crowd who cheered for me slowly disappeared. That's when I let go of her. I was right though, her cheeks are stained with tears.

"You know that you shouldn't have asked me that, Noah. I don't want to say no to you."she said, still crying. "But I'm not supposed to say yes either."

Nawalan ako ng lakas ng loob matapos marinig 'yon sa kanya.

"Palmer, why?"

"I'm sorry."sambit ko. "Believe me Demi, I tried. Ilang taon kong pinigilan. Pero hindi ko na kaya. Hindi ko na kayang panoorin kang hawak ng iba."

"Noah naman e. Alam mo namang mahal ko si Wyatt."

"Demi, you're just confused because he left you with no choice but to love him."

"Hindi mo 'ko naiintindihan."

"Demi, makinig ka sa'kin."sumamo ko habang hinahawakan ang kamay niya. "If you are special to him, liligawan ka niya. Paghihirapan niyang makuha ang oo mo. He didn't do it. But I will."

"Noah, please-"

Snaking my arms around her, she closed her mouth. On my chest, she silently cried.

"You are so special to me Noah and I will never risk you for this. Please, 'wag mong gawin 'to."she pleaded, tears again leaked from her eyes.

Quickly, I wiped them off with my hands. I can see her lips quiverring as she tried not to cry any harder.

"If I risk the kind of 'us' that we have, I can either have you or lose you. But if I will keep my hands to myself, I'd still lose you, Demi. So why won't I take the risk?"

"Noah, sinasaktan mo 'ko."sambit niyang nagpatigil ng tibok ng puso ko. "Nasasaktan ako sa ginagawa mo. Sinabi ko na sa'yo e, masaya ako na naging kaibigan kita. I'd be the happiest if you feel the same."

"I can't lose you, Demi. Lalaban ako. Alam ko naman e, espesyal ako sa'yo hindi lang dahil magkaibigan tayo. I know I own a space in your heart."

"I'm sorry. Hindi ako makakapunta sa Game mo."she apologized and ran away.

She's not supposed to say yes but she did. She said yes, Noah. She doesn't want to let you down. It's now or never. Get her. Get your dream girl.

Inabangan ko siya no'ng uwian. Well, I know exactly the hallways she'd take. I know where to wait for her.

"Babe. Uuwi ka na?"tanong ko nang lapitan ko siya.

"Palmer, hindi ako pupunta."

I chuckled which made her look back. She halted from striding and stared at me.