XXVI- Truth

🐼 Wyatt's Point of View:

From work, dumiretso ako sa bahay nina Demi. I just kept on missing her. Just a couple of minutes ago, kausap ko pa siya sa phone. You just really can't tell, right? I didn't know that day I first saw her that I would love her this much. Sometimes, the people who used to be so annoying for you will be the same people you want to stick by your side, for life.

"I didn't notice her getting out, anak. You can try checking upstairs. Baka nag-aaral."tita Debbie said who's reading a medical book in the living area.

Umakyat ako ng may ngiti sa mga labi. But I was astounded when I reached her room. Demi's not there. Kaya pala hindi niya nasasagot ang mga tawag ko dahil naiwan niya ang phone niya. Wait, maybe she's just in the bathroom. I checked everywhere yet she was nowhere.

Naupo ako sa kama niya. Absent-mindedly, I took her phone and opened it. While inputting her password, I smiled. 082114. Her first kiss. Our first kiss. 

Otomatikong nawala ang ngiti sa labi ko nang ma-unlock ang phone niya. It routed me automatically to her Inbox. A conversation with Noah was already opened. I read the last message which answered the question of where she is.

Noah 🐵
Nasa labas ako. Nilalamok. Baba ka please.

That was thirty minutes ago. I was late. Nagngitngit 'yong dibdib ko sa isiping magkasama sila. It was not my intention but then, I just saw myself reading their whole conversation on her phone.

That is enough, Wyatt.

I went home straight to my condo. I took her phone with me. She will know I took it. Me coming over will explain it. I sat on my couch, waiting for her to walk in the room. Pero hindi ako mapakali. Palakad-lakad lang ako hanggang sa bumukas ang pinto at iniluwa siya no'n.

"Wyatt, kailangan nating mag-usap."

"I know we do."I answered her with a grin. Now, she's frowning.

"Seryoso ako. This is important."

"Yes. Very important."

"Wyatt naman e! Seryoso ako. Ano ba'ng nangyayari sa'yo?"

"Anong nangyayari sa'kin? Demi, selos na selos ako! Parang sasabog 'yong dibdib ko sa sobrang selos!"I admitted courageously. Bakit pagdating sa kanya, hindi ako nahihiyang aminin 'yon? Siguro dahil hindi ko kayang tiisin kapag tungkol na sa kanya.

"What? What are you—"she halted when her eyes spotted her phone in my hand. "Wyatt, walang namamagitan sa'min ni Noah."she said defensively. "At may mas importanteng bagay kaysa sa pagseselos mo."

"Talaga?"Hurt, I muttered. "Ano 'yon? Ayaw mo na ulit? Iiwan mo 'ko ulit, Demi?"

Her face softened. Maybe, because she saw me cry. Bakit ang dali lang masaktan kapag tungkol sa kanya? Hindi naman ako naging ganito ka sensitive sa walong taon na naging kami ni Willow.

"Wyatt, please."she mumbled. Gusto niya akong yakapin pero hindi niya ginawa. Lumapit lang siya sa'kin but she halted when she was so close. "We could be siblings."

That stopped my heart from beating for like seconds. I held my breath.

"Noah saw mom talking to your dad. And he was asking her if I am his daughter."she confessed, crying. It broke me seeing her in tears. "Wyatt, we could be siblings. Why would tito Ren ask her that?"

"Hindi tayo magkapatid, Demi."

"Ba't siguradong-sigurado ka? Paano kung siya nga 'yong ama ko?"