XXXI- His First Love

🐼 Wyatt's Point of View:

The suffering was nigh, it ended tonight. For the past days, I couldn't get myself to go to work because everything I see, everywhere I go reminds me of my Demi.

But it was all worth it. I wouldn't trade this moment for anything; a pizza at midnight, a star-gazing opportunity which means her looking at the skies and me staring at her, and our hands intertwined together.

"Wyatt."tawag niya nang humiga kami sa hood ng kotse.

I placed my hand behind my head while I have her head comfortable on my chest. My other hand was around her shoulder.

"Yes baby?"

"I talked to your dad earlier."she confessed. "Hindi ko alam kung dapat ko ba siyang paniwalaan. How did you know that he's my father? Paanong siya na ama, hindi niya alam?"

Silence accompanied us for a while. Sa dami ng gusto kong ikuwento, hindi ko alam kung saan magsisimula.

"When I was only 15. I saw a picture of your mom."I settled with telling her about it.

"Your dad keeps a picture of her?"

"Yes. Our dad."I corrected; I'm glad she didn't mind. "He has a box of everything about him and your mom."

"No. That can't be."

"He still have it."I cut off and she was silent. But she spoke up a few minutes after.

"He must be telling the truth then."

🍟
This crazy girl has really no plans of meeting me. Ilang messages na ang naisend ko sa kanya pero wala akong natanggap na reply. Wala ni isa.

But then finally, I met her friends. I asked their address and other information to help me find her. They made a mention of her mom who works in the hospital.

I decided to see her mom in person since she was never available. Sasabihin ko sa mommy niya ang ginagawa niya sa buhay niya. She must be so bored in her life para angkinin akong kanya. Hindi ko nga siya kilala. Naiimagine ko no'n na kapag nasabi ko sa mommy niya ang totoo, she will then be attending to a psychiatrist.

But I failed. Nang makita ko si Dr. Abrahams, she was so talkative. She talked a lot of things before she even asked me the question she should have given me first before we started a conversation.

"Who are you again young man? How can I help?"

Binasa ko 'yong pangalan sa nameplate niya. Debbie. Right. Kaya pala sobrang pamilyar niya sa'kin. Unang kita ko palang sa kanya, naalala ko na agad na nakita ko na siya noon pa. I was right anyway. I saw her seven years ago, a picture of her was slipped in dad's old book. Debbie. That's the name of the woman who gave dad a handwritten love letter. All I knew back then is that she was dad's first love.

"Hijo? Okay ka lang ba?"

"Ah opo. Sige Doc. Salamat po."ang nasabi ko lang at saka tumakbo na palabas ng opisina.