the meet and greet, part 8.

{Savannah's point of view}

"What the heck?" I yelled.

"What's wrong?" Vanessa asked, looking at the conversation between Shawn and I on my phone.

"We were texting and eventually he wanted to ask a question, so he was typing but then he just stopped." I explained, thinking about the things I could've done wrong. The urge of me wanting to know what his question was, was getting worse.

"So he literally just stopped texting you? What an ass."

"Don't say that, Vanessa! Maybe he just- you know what, just forget it. I was too stupid to believe that this would turn out great." I said and slowly lost hope. This really was too good to be true. Shawn and I bumped into each other, I got his number and then we would fall in love. Wow, I'm so stupid.

"No don't say that, I'm sorry. Maybe he had something to do, who knows? He'll probably text you back in a minute." Vanessa said, looking at our text conversation again.

"We've arrived at your house, Savannah. Have a good night!"

"Thank you very much Marie! Bye Vanessa, I'll text you. Good night!" I gave Vanessa a hug and got out of the car. When I walked inside my house, it was dark. The lights were already off, which meant that my mom was already asleep. I turned on the lights of the kitchen and grabbed some food.

After minutes of hesitating if I should take chocolate, crips, or candy, I decided to take them all and headed to my room. I quickly threw them on my desk and jumped on my bed, still wondering about Shawn. I checked my phone and he still hadn't replied.

"Hey, Sav." My mom suddenly said, standing in the doorway.

"Hey mom, sorry if I made some noise. I thought that you were sleeping already." I apologized while looking for some clean clothes and a towel.

"How were the meet and greet and concert? Did you enjoy it?" She asked, sitting down on my bed. I told her everything that happened, every single detail. After we'd talked about her day too, I decided take a shower and get my mind off of Shawn.

When I was done, I dried myself with the towel and put on the clean clothes. I walked back to my bedroom and grabbed my phone to see two miss calls from Shawn. There were also two texts.

'Hey, can you please call me back?'
'Please xx.'

I decided to call Vanessa first. She always knows what I should do in these kind of situations.

"Hey girl! What's up?" Vanessa almost screamed of excitement from the other side of the phone.

"Hey Nes, Shawn called me two times and also texted me that I should call him back! What should I do? I really don't know and I'm freaking out and-"

"First of all, calm down. Breathe in, breathe out. Good. Okay, maybe you should call him back, just to see what he has to say."

"Are you sure? What if-"

"Savannah Yvonne Clark, it's going to be okay. Just call him!" Vanessa now literally screamed through the phone.

"Okay." I sighed "Thanks, love you!  I'll text you when I'm done. Bye"

"Bye, love you too!" She said and we hung up. Vanessa really knows what to do in every situation. She knows that I'll regret it if I don't call him and she also knows that I'll feel bad if I ignore him.

I took some deep breaths again and then called Shawn.

597 words
Edited - September 16th, 2018