the meet and greet, part 42.

{Savannah's point of view}

"Shawn, I don't know if-"

"It's a promise ring, baby." Shawn smiled.

"So not an engagement ring?"

"No." He said and gave me a comforting smile.

"I love you, Shawn."

"I love you too, beautiful." He said and gave me a kiss.

We stayed in the forest for a while and then headed back to his apartment in the city centre of Toronto.

"Welcome to my home! Soon to be our home."

"Our home? What do you mean?" I laughed.

"If you're going to the university of Toronto, you are going to live here, with me." He smiled, looking happier than ever at only the thought of us living together.

"That would be amazing." I said as I buried my head in his chest and yawned. I was still really tired after the long flight from Amsterdam.

{Shawn's point of view}

"Let's go the bed." I said softly and lifted her from the floor.

"I'm not tired yet." Savannah said but yawned again. She put her head on my shoulder and let me carry her to the bedroom. "Wait! I want to shower."

"You can shower tomorrow, baby. You are tired."

"But planes are so dirty!"

"True. Promise that you won't fall asleep in the shower."

"Can't promise that, Mendes."

"Then I won't let you shower, baby."

"What if you come with me?" Savannah smirked. She knew that I couldn't reject that offer.

✧ ✧ ✧

*ding*dong*

"Shawn... Who's that?" Savannah murmured, half asleep.

"I'll open it, princess." I gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead and got out of bed. I quickly put some pyjama pants on, since I was only sleeping in my underwear, and rushed to the door.

"Good morning!" Aaliyah yelled.

"I don't want girl scout cookies." I said and slammed the door jokingly.

"Open the friggin door, Mendes!"

"You're a Mendes too."

"Just open it!"

"Fine."

"I'm not here to sell cookies, but to bake cookies with Savannah and- Where is she?"

"Still asleep."

"It's almost 2pm." Aaliyah said, but then she realized why we were still sleeping five minutes ago.

"I'm going to get her." I said quickly and awkwardly  ran to the bedroom. "Wake up, Anna!"

"Hmm?"

"Wake up, princess. Aaliyah is in the kitchen. She wants to bake cookies or something."

"Cookies? I want cookies!" Savannah yelled like a little kid and jumped out of bed.

"Can't wait to have kids of our own one day." I said as I was putting some clothes on.

"You need to have a lot of patience then."

"I can wait for you for the rest of my life."

✧ ✧ ✧

"These cookies are disgusting!"

"Shut up, Shawn. Don't be so mean to your sister" Savannah said and acted like she wanted to slap me.

"Okay, okay. They are kinda nice."

"Not good enough."

"They are really nice!" I said sarcastically and they both laughed.

*tring*tring*

*tring*tring*

"Hey mom!"

"Hi Shawn. Can you please bring your sister home? She hasn't finished her homework yet." I heard my mom say through the phone.

"I'm on my way."

"Thanks, love you."

"Love you too." I said and hung up.

"Who was that?" Aaliyah asked.

"You are coming with me. Mom found your unfinished homework." I burst out of laughter.

"Shit." She said and quickly ran to the door to put on her jacket.

"I'm going to buy some food and I'll bring Justin with me." I said and gave Savannah a kiss.

"Pizza?"

"Pizza it is."

{Savannah's point of view}

When Shawn left, I cleaned up the kitchen. After the kitchen, I cleaned up the living room. It wasn't a mess, but we definitely made it a mess last night.

*tring*tring*

"Hello?"

"Good evening, this is the Amsterdam hospital. We have some news about your mom, Wendy Clark."

637 words
November 20th, 2018