the meet and greet, part 33.

{Savannah's point of view}

I opened my eyes and saw a few blurry circles, so I blinked several times and the only thing that I saw was a white ceiling with bright white lights.

"He- hello?" I tried to say, my voice was weak.

"Oh my gosh, Savannah!"

"Justin?" I asked confused.

"You're finally awake!"

"Awake? Where am I? And- and why are you here?"

"Sav, mom and you were hit by a car. You both have been in coma since and you finally woke up."
Memories of that day flashed by. Mom, the car, the truck, the accident.

"What?! Where's mom? How long has it been?"

"Calm down, please. You just woke up after being in coma for six weeks."

"Six weeks?!"

"Yes, but mom is still in coma. The doctors told me that the chance of you waking up was bigger than mom's chance."

"Oh my gosh, how is she?"

"She could've been better. She is not really good and the chance of her waking up is very small." Justin responded, his eyes were filling up with tears. I could feel that my eyes were too.

"Where's Shawn?"
At that moment I wanted to be in Shawn's arms, hoping that he could tell me that this was all a dream. Hoping that if I went home, my mom would be in the kitchen.

"Shawn was devastated when he heard about the accident. I got a call from the hospital and we took the first flight here. Shawn cancelled most of the shows and he sat here every hour of the day. Damn, that guy doesn't know how to rest. He was always awake, so I told him go to our house. It took me a lot of effort, but he finally listened to me and went to rest."

"Can you please call him?"

"I'm going to tell the doctor that you're awake, and then I'll call him."

"Thank you."
I was still laying in the hospital bed, I tried to look around and spotted a few pieces of papers, probably with song lyrics, next to a guitar.

"Hello Savannah, I'm doctor Johnson. How are you feeling?"
I talked to the doctor while he checked me up. Everything was fine, and I was happy to hear that. When I asked about mom, he told me that a truck hit her really hard and damaged her whole body. The chance of her waking up is small, and if she wakes up, she probably needs a wheelchair.

The news made me really sad and guilty. What if I just took a train back home? Or went with the bus? Then nothing would've happened.

"Anna, you're awake!"
Shawn ran to my bed and tried to hug me, it's hard when you're connected to all kinds of strings.

"I'll check on you later." The doctor said and left the room.

"Hi baby." I said, with a big smile. Shawn looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks, which probably is true.

"I missed you so much, baby." Shawn said.

"I love you, Shawn."
I looked in his eyes.

"I love you too, beautiful."
He gave a me gentle kiss on my lips.

"Have you really been sitting here every day?"

"Of course I have, I was so worried. I cancelled most of my shows."

"What?! Baby, promise me that you won't do that next time. I don't want you to cancel half of your tour for me!"

"I hope that there won't be a next time, but I had to. Do you really think that I can perform while you are in a hospital, not knowing when you will wake up?"
He ran his fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry, you are right."

"It's okay, beautiful. Just know that I will always be here for you."

*knock*knock*

"Come in!" Shawn said.

The doorknob slowly turned around and someone entered.

"Hi, Sav."

651 words