the meet and greet, part 41.

{Shawn's point of view}

"Surprise? What kind of surprise?" Savannah asked confused.

"Just open the door." I said, while the rest of my family followed us to the hall and waited in excitement to see what, or who, was behind the door.

"Justin?!" She gasped and threw herself in his arms.

"Merry Christmas, sis." He smiled and hugged her back.

"Wait, Shawn? How did you-"

"Not going to tell you, princess."

"How can I hate and love you at the same time?" She laughed.

"Hi mr and mrs... Mendes?" Justin said, after Savannah let go of the hug.

"You can call us Karen and Manuel. Are you Savannah's brother?" Dad asked.

"This is Justin, my twin brother."

"Are you twins?!" Aaliyah asked with her mouth open.

"Who are you?" Justin looked at her and winked jokingly.

"Hey, hey! She's only fourteen, no boyfriends yet." I yelled and jumped in front of my little sister.

"Shawn shut up!" She yelled and we all laughed.

"Let's go to the living room." Mom rolled her eyes.

"Shawn, hold up." Savannah said and pulled my arm. The rest ignored us and followed mom.

"What's up, beautiful?"

"Thank you, for all of this."

"You don't have to thank me. I just want you to be happy." I said and pressed my lips against hers.

"SHAWN, THERE ARE MUFFINS IN THE KITCHEN!"

"The first to eat a whole muffin wins and can punish the other tonight." I smirked and ran to the kitchen, where my mom was cooking dinner.

"I'm coming for you, Mendes!" Savannah yelled and ran to the kitchen behind me.

{Savannah's point of view}

"This is not fair, Shawn. Your legs are longer and your mouth is bigger." I said and Karen chuckled.

"Your mouth can fit big things too, baby." He whispered in my ear and put an arm around my waist.

"We'll see tonight." I whispered back to tease him and walked back to the living room, acting like nothing happened.

"You are never going to win his muffin competitions." Aaliyah said and I laughed, knowing that she didn't hear that little conversation of Shawn and I.

"Dinner is ready!" Karen screamed before we all ran to the dining room.

✧ ✧ ✧

The rest of the evening, we celebrated Christmas like any other family. We laughed, talked, ate Christmas dinner, opened presents and all the other things that belong to Christmas.

"Shawn, are you going to your apartment? It's getting late

"Shawn, are you going to your apartment? It's getting late." Karen said.

"Yeah, I think so." He answered.

"You should go then."

"Justin, are you coming with us? Or are you staying here?" Shawn asked as he collected his stuff.

"I'd rather stay here than hearing the beds crack." Justin winked at us. I could see Karen and Manuel roll their eyes, as Aaliyah looked at her parents in embarrassment. Shawn and my cheeks turned red.

"Bye." Shawn said awkwardly and pulled me to the door.

"See you guys tomorrow?" I asked, but Shawn's quick manoeuvre pulled me outside before someone could answer me.

"Just so you know, we aren't going home yet."

"What? Where are we going then?"

"You'll see." He said and started the engine of his car.

✧ ✧ ✧

"Close your eyes, baby." Shawn said when the car stopped in the middle of nowhere. He gently pulled me out of the car and held his hands in front of my eyes.

"I swear, if you're going to throw me off a cliff-"

"Never, baby. I always came here when I wanted something special to happen." Shawn said and removed his hands from my eyes.

We were in the middle of a forest, the light of the moon reflected on the trees that were completely covered in snow.

"Wait-"
Before I could think about 'something special to happen', Shawn popped a little box out of his pocket.

"A ring?"

642 words
November 18th, 2018