the meet and greet, part 46.

{Savannah's point of view}

The next days went by in an eye blink. We had to arrange so many things for the funeral. The ceremony, the grave, everything that you can imagine. Even the littlest detail, like what kind of cookies would be served after the service. But, after all of this, there was still one big problem.

Justin and I are seventeen, which means that we're underaged. Mom was our only parent the last few years, but now that she's gone, the worst is yet to come; my dad has to come back.

It was my biggest fear, to ever face him again, unfortunately it's going to happen. I'm going to see him and he has to sleep in the same house as me. As much as I fought back, nothing helped. I couldn't lie about him, everything was registered somewhere. After all of this, the last thing I wanted was to face him again. And not even facing him in the streets, but in my own house. My safe place is no longer safe.

"Sav, we can try to fight back. Maybe he doesn't have to come-"

"Shawn, that's never going to happen. He is coming and he is staying. At least, until I am eighteen."

"So basically a month. But, that's too long."

"Exactly. I can't even stand that man for one minute. Let alone having to face him for a whole month, while I also need to cope with mom's passing. I don't know if I can do that." I said and slowly fell to the ground.

"Baby, you are the strongest girl I know. You can do this, you can do all of this. The only thing standing in your way is him. It's going to be a tough month, but I know that you can do this."

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" I looked up and smiled.

"Being you." He answered and sat down next to me on the ground. "You are the strongest, bravest, sweetest, most beautiful and most loving girl I've ever known. You can do this, baby. I know you can, because I believe in you and because I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered and put my head on Shawn's shoulder.

"Guys, we have to go!" Justin yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back as Shawn and I stood up from the ground.

"Ready to go?" Justin asked.

"Not really." I replied.

"It's going to be okay, sis. Shawn is here, I am here, you are going to be fine. We'll watch over you, every second of the day. And, we're going to eat first. Food will probably cheer you up."

"I love you both so much."

"We love you too." Shawn said and took my hand, walking out of the door into the car.

"Where are we eating? The last thing that I want is bad food."

"Remember where we had lunch together for the first time? When I picked you up and we went to that small cafe?"

"Omg, are we going to eat there? I haven't been there for so long!"

✧ ✧ ✧

"Let's get out. We can't be late." Justin said when he parked the car at the airport parking garage.

"Come on, baby." Shawn said as he offered his hand to me.

I breathe in and out a few times and then took his hand, leading me out of the car. Justin, Shawn and I walked inside the airport and searched for the arrival hall.

When we finally found it, there were already people walking out. Everything was fine, until we finally saw him, but he wasn't alone. "Oh my gosh, is that-?"

"Yes, that is her." Justin answered before I could even finish my question.

629 words
December 5th, 2018