the meet and greet, part 32.

{Vanessa's point of view}

"As you may know, she was in the car with her mom, on a busy highway. A truck didn't watch out, he hit the car from the left side-"

"Oh my gosh, did that really happen?"

"Yes, you didn't know?"

"I didn't, but please continue what you were saying."

"Because Savannah's mom was sitting on the drivers side, she is more injured. We are still running some tests on both of them."

"Can I go inside?"

"Yes, you can. Feel free to talk to her, she can hear you. If there is any news, I will let you know."

"Thank you, doctor."

The doctor walked away and I took another look at Savannah, through the window, she has never looked like this. I walked in the room and sat on the chair that was next to the bed.

"Hi Sav, it's me, I know you can hear me. Justin and Shawn are on their way, they took the first plane from London. We are really worried about your mom and you, but we know that you are both really strong. I'm going to be by your side, forever. Just how we used to say when we were little."

{Shawn's point of view}

Justin and I arrived at the hospital and walked to the reception. We asked for the room and jumped in the elevator. When we arrived at the eighth floor, I ran to Savannah's room. I looked through the window, there she was, laying in a hospital bed, covered in bandages. Seeing here like that made my heart break into millions of pieces."

"Shall we go inside?" I asked.

Justin nodded and he opened the door. Vanessa looked up and saw us, she stood up from her chair and gave us a hug.

"Have you heard any news?" Justin asked.

"No, not yet. They are still running some tests."

"How is she doing?"

"She's not great, Shawn. The truck hit her really hard, but they say that Wendy is worse than Savannah."

"Have you been to mom?"

"No, I stayed at Sav the whole time. Should we go upstairs then?" Vanessa suggested.

"Let's go."
We took the elevator and went to the ninth floor.

"Oh my gosh." Justin said, while I saw tears falling down his face.

"She really looks worse." Vanessa continued.

I looked through the window. Yes, she looked worse than Savannah. It must have been a bad accident.

"Mr Clark?"

"Yes? Are you doctor Johnson?"

"I am. I have news for you."

"Please tell us." Justin said.

"Your mom and sister are both in coma. Only, the chance of Savannah waking up is bigger. The chance of your mother waking up is possible, but it is really small. I'm very sorry."

As the doctor talked, the tears falling down Justin's  face said enough. He was heartbroken, the most important two woman in his life are in the hospital.

"Thank you doctor Johnson, we will talk to you later." Vanessa said, before the doctor walked away.

"Justin, we have to be strong, all of us. We need to pull ourselves together and wait till they wake up. And believe me, they will." I said, trying to comfort him.

"Thanks Shawn, thanks Vanessa." Justin said after a long silence.

✧ ✧ ✧

Days flew by, and days turned into weeks. Savannah and her mom were still in coma. The doctors couldn't do anything, neither could we. The only thing we could do was wait, wait for them to wake up. Wait for Savannah to wake up and hold her in my arms, never letting her go.

I cancelled a big part of my tour, because I couldn't do anything. I didn't want to perform, knowing that she could wake up any minute. But, I also couldn't perform, I was too weak. The only thing I could do was sit in Savannah's room, writings songs and playing guitar.

652 words