the meet and greet, part 11.

{Savannah's point of view}

The word 'father' just came out of my mouth, I didn't mean to say it. He is something from my past, I got over him. I'm not ready to tell Shawn yet.

"My- my father? I... I rather not talk about it. The story will probably ruin your mood. I promise that I will tell you if I'm ready."

"That's okay." He said calmly. "Where do you want to eat? You know Amsterdam better than me."

"We can lunch at a small cafe that is about ten minutes  from here. I used to go there everyday after school with Vanessa, but one day she got sick. That's why she refuses to go there now. I still love their food, so let's go there now!" I said, thinking about food and becoming hungrier every second.

"Sure, let's go there."

{Shawn's point of view}

It hurts me that she doesn't want to talk about her father. Is he dead? Is he in prison? I can't imagine not having a father since I have such a strong bond with my dad. He is my example, my mom and him taught me so much and I'm very thankful for that.

"So Savannah, tell me more about you."

"Well, my name is Savannah Yvonne Clark. I am seventeen years old. I was born in Amsterdam, went to New Jersey when I was four and moved back here at age thirteen. Vanessa's mom, Marie, and my mom are best friends since high school and that's why we grew up together."

"You guys grew up together, but you moved to New Jersey. Did she go with you?" I asked her with a confused look on my face.

"Actually, yes! Our moms had the idea to open a bakery together, so both our families moved there. But we moved back, because of my father." She turned her head and looked out of the window again, something worse must have happened.

"Hey, don't hide your beautiful face. It's okay, really." She slowly turned her head back and smiled.

"Now you need to tell me something about you that I don't know." Savannah said.

"Wow, that's going to be hard. The whole world knows me already!" I joked and we both laughed.

"Wow, Mendes is being confident!"

"I'm kidding! Let me tell it from the start. My name is-"

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes. You're eighteen years, born August eighth in Pickering, Canada."

"Uhm, no. My name is Harold Styles, and I'm from England." I said with a British accent.

"Yeah, sure Harold. And you probably love to dance."
She tried to say it with her best British accent, but halfway through the sentence, she laughed and snapped out of it.

"Is it here?" I asked, pointing at a small cafe on the corner of the street.

"Yes, it's here! You can park the car there."

I parked the car and we walked to the cafe. It was very small and there were only a few seats.

"Welcome, take a seat! Oh my, Savannah, is that you?"

"Hi, yes. I haven't been here for so long!" She said, looking around the cafe.

"I know! Who did you bring with you? Is that your boyfriend? Finally!"

"No, Adam. We're just friends."

"Hi, I'm Shawn." I said awkwardly.

"I'm so sorry Shawn, that was so embarrassing! It's just that I never had a boyfriend, or friends that were a boy." Savannah said after we sat down at a table and ordered our food.

"You never had a boyfriend before?"

596 words
Edited - September 21st, 2018