the meet and greet, part 39.

{Shawn's point of view}

"Shawn?" I heard a sweet voice say shyly. I turned around and there she was, wearing one of my hoodies that I lost.

Without saying anything, she ran into my arms and pressed her lips against mine. Without hesitating, I kissed her back and thought about how much I missed her. I wanted this moment to last forever, it felt right. This is how it should be, Savannah and I. Forever and ever.

"I'm sorry for-"

"It's okay, Anna. You did what you thought was the best for us, but that didn't last long." I smirked. "Can we continue where we left off? You and I."

"Yes!" She smiled.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you. I missed you every second of every day." I said as I played with the loose hairs that sticked out of her messy bun.

"Get a room you two!" Vanessa joked.

"You have to drive us to my house then." Savannah said.

"Everything to get you two out of my sight."

{Savannah's point of view}

"Is anyone home?" Shawn asked me, while we were standing in the hall of my house.

"We're home alone." I smirked at him.

"Are you sure? Where's Justin?"

"Justin flew to London last night. He went back to finish his study."

"So the few-hours-awake-from-coma-you really convinced him to go back, eh?"

"Yeah, pretty much." I giggled.

"Well, now that we have the house to ourselves-" Before he even knew it, I pressed my lips against his. We slowly walked up the stairs, without breaking our kiss.

"Woah

"Woah." He said, completely out of breath.

"That was amazing." I smiled, my heart beating faster than a million miles per hour.

"I love you." Shawn said, while he stared into my eyes.

"I love you too."

✧ ✧ ✧

The next few weeks I started to build up my life again. I went back to school because I wanted to finish my last year of high school. If I stayed at home any longer, the chance of doing the year over again was big and I didn't want that. I also tried to visit mom regularly but I had a lot of homework and tests. Luckily, the Christmas holidays were just around the corner.

"What do you normally do for Christmas?" Shawn asked me, while I was doing some of my homework.

"We all love Christmas and celebrate it together. Justin would fly back here this year, but I'm not sure if he will now. It's not like mom is going to wake up any time soon. So I think that I'll tell Justin to not come back, maybe celebrate it on our own this year."

"Why?" He asked softly.

"I don't know." I said. "It just brings back memories of mom. I need to try and move on."

"Well... maybe you guys can come with me to Canada?"

"Are you serious? That sounds amazing!" I got up from my chair and jumped in Shawn's arms.

"Only if you want to." Shawn said.

"Of course I want to!"

"And you're going to meet my parents and sister for the first time!"

"I can't wait!" I said excitedly and gave Shawn a kiss.

✧ ✧ ✧

Here we are, a few weeks later, in the car on our way to Pickering. The plane landed a few hours ago, now Shawn and I are on our way to his parents' house. Justin told us that he couldn't come because he had to catch up on the work that he missed when he was in Amsterdam. I'm happy that I can spend Christmas with Shawn's family, but I really wanted my own brother to be there too.

"Hello, anybody home?" Shawn yelled when he entered the door of the house.

632 words
November 13th, 2018