the meet and greet, part 47.

{Shawn's point of view}

"Yes, that is her." Justin answered before Savannah could even finish her question.

"That can't be her." She said with a fear in her voice. At first she was standing between Justin and me, but when Savannah saw them, she quickly tried to hide. She fled behind my back, never letting go of my hand.

All I saw was her father, who I recognized, and a woman walking next to him. They were looking for us and when they finally found us, they slowly walked towards the place where we were standing. What could possibly be so bad about that woman?

"Baby, what's wrong?" I whispered as I turned around to face Savannah.

"I'll tell you everything later, but- Turn around, they are coming!" She replied, placing herself between Justin and me again, still holding my hand.

"Hello Justin! Hello Savannah! He- you again?!" Their dad questioned and stopped talking when he saw me. He looked at me from head to toe and murmured something to himself.

"Hello sir." I said calmly.

"I'll talk to you later." I could still hear the anger in his voice, but it quickly faded away when the woman next to him whispered something in his ear. "So, Justin and Savannah, this is my wife. You can just call her mom."

"What the fuck? We are not going to call her mom!" Savannah said angry and let go of my hand to punch her dad in the face, I quickly grabbed her wrist to stop her just in time. At least I stopped her from punching her dad, but it didn't mean that I stopped her mouth from talking. "Do you know how hard it is to deal with mom's passing? And now you are standing here, telling us to call your wife our mom? She is the woman you married one month after mom found out that you cheated on her! You left a woman behind with two fucking kids and you raped one of them, one of your own kids! You are so fucking disgusting!" I could already imagine all the tears falling down Savannah's face, but actually seeing them fall from her face, it made my heart ache. I quickly wrapped my arms around her. The pain, the sadness, everything that she held in for so long, finally came out.

"Shawn, take her to the car. I'll handle this, okay?" Justin said and handed me the car keys as I nodded my head. I quickly took Savannah to the car. She jumped in and I sat down next to her.

"May- maybe I should tell you now." She whispered, her voice soft and fragile.

"You can tell me whenever you want, I can wait. Just know that my ears are all yours when you're ready." I said comforting. She took some deep breaths and began telling the story to me, when suddenly, someone tapped on the car window. It was Justin with his dad and his dad's wife.

"I'm going to tell the rest when we're home." Savannah whispered and faked a smile to the window, as I unlocked the car for them. They all got in and Justin drove back to their house.

✧ ✧ ✧

"You. I need to talk to you." Savannah's dad said when I helped him bring the last suitcase inside.

"No, you don't." Savannah said to defend me.

"Babe, it's okay. Get something to drink and I'll be right back." I replied and closed the door between the living room and hallway. "So, what is it that you would like to talk to me about, sir?"

606 words
December 9th, 2018