Paralogue

It hurts. It hurts so much. He keeps doing his experiments to create someone that can become a worthy challenge for him. He says that he granted me his power so that I could grow strong so that one day I could challenge him. He inserted those... those things into my body. Eight. There are Eight of them! He calls them lacrimas. He said the each of them gives me his power. I asked him why me. He laughed and said that I was the perfect candidate. That my mother already gives me exceptional magical power. I never got to meet my mother or my father I have been here for three years. I hate this... I hate him... I hate him so much. I will kill him! I will kill you! God Serena.

(Y/N) POV

I awoke to see that I am still inside my cage. It's dark and cold. I'm chained to the wall to prevent me from walking around. I sit still and wait until someone comes, the light is barely starting to shine, someone always comes at this time. As if on cue he comes down to the cage. His orange hair, black eyes, thick eyebrows, that scar on his nose, and that wheel of blades on his back. God Serena.

Serena: Hello child.

(Y/N):...

Serena: Be silent as much as you want, it doesn't matter to me. The experiments are almost over.

His statement caught me off guard and I tilt my head to look at him. Even though he put me through this hell, the one thing he has never done is lie to me.

Serena: I see that caught your attention. That's right, you didn't think I inserted all those lacrimas into you just to waste away in this cell, did you?

I grit my teeth at his condescending tone but bite my tongue in this case.

Serena: I inserted my power into you so that you could grow and eventually become a worthy opponent for myself. You won't become any more powerful locked in this cage, so after this experiment, you will be released into the world. Now come, the sooner it's done the sooner you'll leave.

Seeing no other choice, but to go, I follow him out of the cage and out of the dungeon I was in. He leads me to the place that all the experiments take place. We walk inside as he opens the door for me. I walk in and lay down on the table, already recognizing the procedure. He talks to the people as I hear them discussing what is about to happen.

Scientist #1: Sir, this experiment will raise his magic reserves to his mother's levels.

(Y/N): *thoughts* Who is my mother?

Serena: Very well, how long will it take?

Scientist #2: It should take about an hour sir.

Serena: Proceed then.

Scientist #1: Right away sir! Now, kid, this is going to be one of the more painful experiments so try to bear with it.

I didn't respond, but he knew that I understood him. They started the experiment and I promptly felt pain surge through my body. I bit my tongue in order to not let out a scream, but it proved futile.

(Y/N): Ahhhh!

I can feel something changing, then a burning pain shot through my left eye forcing it to shut. I only have my right eye open as I continued to scream in pain. This continued on for an hour when the pain finally came to an end. I was fading in and out of consciousness when Serena told me something.

Serena: Congratulations child, you have finished. When you regain consciousness you'll awake in a house, but I feel like you deserve something. So I'll tell you your last name.

(Y/N): *thoughts* My last name...

Serena: Your last name is Belserion.

(Y/N): *weakly* Belserion...