7

I shook my head at the fact that I was in Tripp's truck being taken to another one of his friends' gatherings, but he promised it was innocent and he wouldn't let anything happen. Simply because I trusted him was I even in his vehicle.

He tapped his thumbs against the wheel to the beat of the music. His voice fit the country tune perfectly. I laid my head back against the seat and listened to his deep voice and southern accent blend perfectly with the radio.

"Saturday night she's rockin' out by the bonfireeee," He tilted his head in my direction with a smile on his face as he sang the words. "Footin' from that tailgate and crankin' up the diallll." I laughed and swatted his shoulder.

My off-key self sang along and I finally stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" He said over the music. I shook my head, "I don't wanna hurt your ears." He laughed as if my words were ridiculous and handed me a flashlight from his cup holder. "Take it away!" I leaned over and we both lean for the 'microphone', both singing, "There's a little bit of devil in those angel eeeeeyes!"

My tummy hurt from laughing and I saw the mansion in the distance. My mouth fell open. "Holy cow, is that where we're going?" Tripp nodded and turned the radio down as we started down the long dirt driveway.

The fire was already big enough to be seen from the road and the air was warm when I stepped out of his truck. He locked the doors and I followed him toward the crowd.

I searched the crowd of teenagers for anyone I recognized and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my hoodie, suddenly wishing I would've worn jeans instead of shorts the closer we got to all those people.

I saw Josh, with his arm draped around the shoulders of a gorgeous brunette which I assume to be Stacy. And then I saw Chelsea, sitting in lawn chairs near the fire with Kim and Sarah.

I hadn't seen Chelsea since Creamsicles two weeks ago, and I was nervous about it honestly.

I walked a little closer to Tripp until he found two empty plastic white chairs and we sat down in them.

The mindless chatter between all the seniors around the fire was somewhat peaceful as I watched the fire disappear into the sky.

They offered Tripp and I red cups full of juice and I poured mine out. Let's just say I was a little paranoid.

The longer we were there, the more nauseous I became. I had felt a little off all day, but now it was worse. My mouth started to water, and I tapped on Tripp shoulder as I jumped up to run away from the crowd before emptying the contents of my stomach on the grass.

Tripp was instantly by my side and holding my hair back. I tried to apologize but my voice wouldn't come. I could hear the whispers from the group, and I felt incredibly embarrassed, but I couldn't help it. I threw up until the feeling subsided.

Tripp immediately picked me up and carried me to his truck. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his aggressive walking was shaking me around and making it harder to keep whatever was left in my stomach down.

He sat me in the truck, and headed for my house. Only a few miles passed before I demanded he pull over and repeated my actions from earlier on the side of road.

Tripp refused to listen to my protests as he drove me straight to the hospital.

"Tripp, please. Just take me home." I begged, my head in my hands.

He didn't respond, instead, he drove fifteen miles per hour over the speed limit and after pulling over two more times, we arrived at Gracetown Medical Center. He carried me inside even though I insisted I could walk.

By the time they get me into a room, there was nothing left for me to throw up. It was just noises. Disgusting noises. Tripp brought me a cup of ice water and I took small sips, just trying to get the taste out of my mouth.

They ran tests. Took five gallons of my blood, and there was nothing left to do but wait for answers.

Still confused as to why I just started profusely vomiting out of no where.

Suddenly, the doctor knocked on the door and entered the room. Tripp said he'd step out and call my mother and Paige and I nodded and he left. The doctor smiled at him as he passed her and closed the door behind him.

The doctor was a beautiful lady. Probably forty, short blond hair, bright red lips. She propped against the counter and sighed. "Can you tell me the date of your last period?"

I was a little thrown by her question but I answered her. She nodded thoughtfully and continued. "It's very common in the first trimester of pregnancy to experience nausea and vomiting. And as uncommon as it is, even at night, such as your experiencing."

I must be drunk again. Or high. What did they do to me at that bonfire?

I held my hands up and stopped her. "I'm not pregnant. That's not possible. You're in the wrong room, lady." My voice squeaked.

She smiled and handed me the piece of paper with my name on it, and the blood test results.

All I could do is shake my head. I couldn't possibly... "I haven't had sex since I was fifteen. I don't sleep around. I haven't had a boyfriend in years." I said to more to myself than to her.

I dropped the cup of ice water and startled the doctor when I yelled for Tripp. Twice, before he bursted through the door. I threw the paper at him and stood up off of the table, running my hands through my hair and pulling it. "Oh my god." is all I could say. Over and over again.

Then it dawns on me. The party. That stupid senior party when I was passed out. Someone must've done something to me. The thought made me cringe but it was the only possibility.

When I turned to look at Tripp again, I could tell he was having the same thought.