Chapter 33

(This will be a longer update since I probably won't update again til next week. Please vote and share!)

A week passed, and I had not heard from Clint since he left my apartment the day he surprised me with the clothes at work.

I found it especially strange when he didn't show up to class all week. I finally texted him Friday and check on him, and when he never responded and I assumed he had something important come up with his family or at work.

After school Friday, Carol let me off and surprised me by coming to help me paint Luke's nursery. It felt good to slip on some jeans that fit, and a cute green tee that also fit. Clint was such a nice guy. Sure, he was a little odd in some areas, but ultimately, he was great company.

"Something on your mind Sweetie?" Carol brought me back and I realized I was rolling a basically dry roller along the wall in a slow trance. I smiled and shook my head when I saw the smile on her face.

"You wouldn't happen to be thinking about a certain clothes fairy would you?" She winked as she dipped her brush back into the pale blue paint and began rolling it against the wall.

I laughed a little, certain I was blushing as Carol spoke again, "Well, I can't really blame you. I wish my daughter had someone to do that for her." She sighed.

"Me too. Every girl deserves a man that will do things like that. Have you met her boyfriend?" I roll the paint from right to left and ignore the dull ache beginning in my lower back.

"No, unfortunately not. He's a wealthy man. Stays very busy. Or that's what she says, she's always making excuses for him." She shook her head and laid the roller down in the paint tray. I did the same and we walked into the kitchen.

I poured her a glass of lemonade and leaned against the counter. My mind drifted to what happened at the farm this last weekend, and I still wasn't sure what to think. Usually Clint kept me distracted from thoughts of Tripp, but this week with no Clint it had been difficult to keep my head straight. And by 'straight' I mean not dwelling on how his hands felt in my hair, how his body weight felt on me, his lips moving against mine.

I got a chill and sipped my lemonade. I glanced at the clock on the stove and it was already 9:00 at night, the sun long gone. I thanked Carol for her help and for everything, really. She'd been what I wished my mom would be throughout the whole pregnancy. Buying my things, supporting me, listening when my hormones were out of whack.

We decided to finish up the painting later and she waved good bye as I shut the door behind her. I glanced around the now quiet apartment and wondered what to do now. I had been a little restless lately. Luke even slept less. Maybe it was because I was getting larger? Who knew.

I walked into the kitchen an finished off my lemonade. Luke bumped and kicked against my sides, making me laugh. He was so active lately. "Still got enough room for cartwheels in there?" I laughed and poked at where his foot had just hit.

A sudden knock on the door caused me to jump, and I once again reminded myself that I really needed to get a gun.

I looked through the peephole and my heart rate doubled when I saw Tripp standing on the other side. "You're not an axe murderer are you?" I giggled through the door as I unlocked it. "Only the worst." He said back.

I opened the door and he immediately took me into his arms. I laughed, and wondered what had gotten into him. "Tripp." I said shyly as he released me and I tucked loose strands of hair behind my ear. He looked at me for a long time, his eyes narrowed, deep in thought.

He raised his pointer finger into the air and headed past me to my bedroom. I chuckled and followed, "Tripp, what has gotten into you?" I enter my room to see him rummaging through my closet, and he pulls out one of the dress Clint bought for me.