III | The Things I'd Do

◇3rd Person POV◇

“You shouldn't have come here.”

Her breath hitched in her throat. Eyes widened in fear.

“Now you'll see what happens to those who don't listen.”

She backs further into the wall. Nowhere to run.
No way out.

“Cut!” The director shouts. With a sigh, “What is it?” his speaker hanging loosely from his hand.

She continues to shake her head. “I didn't like it.” She folds her arms across her chest.

“Who are you again?”

“A friend of In-su’s. He asked me to help you.”

“Ah, and your experience?”

“I'm a professional Movie Watcher and apparently In-su thinks that's enough of a qualification in itself to help you.” she said like it was the biggest qualification she could have for this line of work.

The directors eyes narrow. A grim look falls on his face.

“I can-” she points to the exit, slowly backing up.

“No, no. He told me about you. It's just-” He eyes her up and down. “I didn't expect someone like you.”

“Excuse me?” She takes offense, as she should to his crude remark. He gets off his big fancy director's seat and walks towards her. A look of confusion and faint suspicion comes to her face as he stops in front of her. Her arms fold across her chest.

“He didn't mention that you weren't from here.”

“Oh...kay.” like, is that a problem or something?

“I want to see what you got. You have an hour.”

She looks at the man with clear annoyance written all over her face. Eyes half-lidded, clearly unamused.

“An hour to do what?” she emphasizes on the ‘what’ exasperated by the level this man is putting her on.

“Prove that you have a reason for me to take you seriously.”

Seriously?... Her mind went through all the things he could possibly mean,but always redirecting back to ‘it means absolutely nothing.’ “You mind explaining?” a hand to her hip.

“Give me your best. Show me what you think would make this scene better. Fix it. Direct them. Put on a show!”

“Isn't that your job?” She questions not only the man but if he actually expects her to do his job for him.

“I'm not a storyteller. You're here to criticize. So, criticize. Make it clear that you have a reason to back yourself up and a solution.” He tosses the speaker to one of the chairs and starts to walk off the set. “Oh and I expect a lot from someone who has been recommended by In-su.”

And he left.

“Wow. He looked so done.” She says, thinking out loud.

“It's the script.” The lead actress from the movie states. “The writer is one of his close friends and I guess he doesn't want to be the one to mess with it.”

“Or the scene just irks him.” The other actor that was with the actress on that scene adds.

Tying her hair up, “He's done several romantic dramas and movies, won awards why would this one bother him?” the woman raises her brow to her co-star quizzically.

“Don't know.” He turns towards the new girl on set. “By the way, I'm Jii and you are?” He stretches his hand out for her to shake, a kind smile etched on his face.