X | Just an Act

Eck~ “I can't believe she found out.”

I can't take another bite of this.

I place the bowl of boiled beans on the side of the chair, knowing full well I have to finish it, I take it up again, stabbing the fork in two at a time. Reluctantly chomping down on the fork letting my teeth slide them into my mouth, without touching my lips, as if that would make it taste any less bland.

“Well, well, I haven't seen you around here before, gorgeous.”

I don't need to look up. Frankly, I don't care. I grumble, stabbing the fork down onto a couple others. Don't even know the guy and he thinks he can talk to me. The nerve.

Am I in a griping mood? Yes. Eat these and tell me otherwise. Nonetheless, everyone already warned me about this dude. So I ignore him.

“Hey, the director wants to talk to you.” I don't reply, mainly because I am too preoccupied figuring out how I'm going to finish all this.

“Yeah. She's no fun anyways.” Be goneth!

I hear a chair skid actors from me. “He didn't say anything out of line, did he?” Yeah, I hear him, but these beans. Who cooked these anyways? It has no flavor.

“The person who told Eun about this…” I trail off letting my threat to the unknown person sink in. And to be frank, I have no idea what I'd do to the person, but I'm being expressive here.

I got an idea.

“Hyun,” I say in the sweetest tone, gaining a raised brow from him as he looks at me questioningly. “Could you eat this for me?” I give him the puppy dog eyes. The best I can do.

“Now, you know I can't resist that face as it is, but I think whoever told on you had your best interest at heart.”

“Did you tell?” I narrow my eyes at him.

“I would have.”

“Meanie.” I slump in my chair and continue my bland meal. To make matters worse Eun's going to be checking on all my money transactions.

I rub my temple.“Gah, I need another job.” I vent out.

“You do?”

Oh. Was I thinking out loud?

I sit back up straight. “Well, yeah. I guess.” I shrug. “It's no big deal. Forget I even said anything.” You shall disappear dear bean. Will it and it may happen. Or so I'm told.

After a moment of silence and several reluctant bites later.

“Let's go.” he pulls me out of my chair.

“Where to?” I follow right behind him.

“Play rehearsals. I'm all done here anyways.”

Oooooooh. Yes!

We get to his car. “Hurry up and finish that, so we can leave.” I stuff a mouthful of beans in my mouth , eventually and quickly finishing the whole thing.

“Not that fast. You're gonna choke.”

“Don't you worry your pretty head about me, let's just go.”

~°~

“O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?

Deny thy father and refuse thy name.

Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love.”

“This play isn't Shakespeare's, you know that right?”