XXXII | The Reveal

"I never got the chance to thank you for, you know, everything."

Now you see, I got 'teamed up' ─ using 'teamed' very loosely ─ with two very good-looking men, and one of them is very difficult and hard to talk to, especially after I sent him that weird 'Senpai notice me' card on valentine's day. He was the only person who didn't send anything back. Can you say, 'Awkward~'

Resist the urge to bring it up.

"Oh, right. I just wanted to help any way I can. Glad we found her." And he smiles, more focused on not falling than anything else.

Both men struggling with dear life to hold their balance and here I am skating backwards to keep my eyes on them, making small talk, and making sure they don't fall on their bums. They shouldn't since they're holding on the edge of the rink, but anything's possible. Contrary to his serious demeanor, he actually has a nice, warm smile.

I smile back, because it's polite, and this conversation will make asking my real question that much easier.

"Babe," Just with one word I feel my face flush. Every time. Every time with this wonderful, beautiful specimen of man. "Am I doing it right?"

Turning towards him, my gaze catches his cherry crimson eyes. My lips curl to a smile, just on their own. "Yes, perfect." And he is.

But back to the important stuff.

"How's Elizabeth?"

"Good. She's getting bigger." With most of his focus on keeping his balance, of course he was going to give me a half attentive answer.

"As they do." I agree, swerving my heel to make a turn to the right. "They grow up way too fast. Which reminds me."

I reach out my hand to Hyun and Saeran, so they can be right in the middle of the ice. Hyun does so with a smile, "Are you allergic to cats?" My out-of-nowhere question came, but seeing as it was a topic I was discussing~ is it really out of nowhere?...

He let's out a chuckle, more shaky now that there's only little ol' me to hold on to, "No, why would I be aller-" His brow raises as he realizes.

Yeah, he got it.

"For the love of-" Saeran being just arm's length away muttered, maybe not meaning for me to hear, but I did.

"I'm gonna have to play that game someday, just so I can clear all your speculations." Now I can be reading into this wrong, but does he-? Could he mean-? He said it so casually though and that even even in front of Saeran. Oh my gosh. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks.  Nope. I have no clue as to what he means. I'm an innocent bean. Innocent bean. Innocent, I promise.

Hold on a sec, he knows it's an otome game. Then...

Moving on from the situation.

"I do prefer dogs better though." He felt the need to add and I, over here, almost let this man's hand go. Almost.

I love love looove dogs, but I love cats just a smitch more, so I guess we just have to adopt a hamster or perhaps a goldfish.

"-Y/n, no!" My attention drawn to the distress in Yoosung's voice.

"It was still a great act of heroism." Jaehee agrees, Yoosung's face an unnatural shade of red.

What's going on there?

"I can't believe they posted it online anyways." Yoosung doesn't look too happy.

"Anyone mind filling this clueless girl, over here, in on what happened?" I'm the 'clueless girl' and yeah, unlike last time I would like to know what happened.