IX | Captivate

Changing things up a bit this afternoon, I take another route. I've been taught to never keep a routine. It makes me predictable, hence easy pickings.

I still can't bring myself to tell anyone about the message I got. Do I believe my life's in jeopardy? Maybe. So, why not say anything? I guess, I'm scared to. Ever since I broke things off with- UGH!!!- that pain in the rear posterior, I've notice myself become much more cautious, maybe not for my own sake, but for my family's. I don't want to make another wrong move.

My eyes wander around the streets, the shops and basically anything that can give me an indication of where I am.

Mmm~ The aroma of something sweet and cinnamon-y tempts my senses. The delicious scent of vanilla guides me to a quaint little bakery. "While I'm here." I bite my lower lip, admiring the yummy looking delicacies through the glass, am I drooling? I swallow my spit and push the door open."One wouldn't hurt."

Did I say 'quaint'? The shop's much bigger from the inside. Much, much bigger. It's beautiful. I think my eyes are welling up at the sight. Creamy Cakes, soft pastries, soft breads, cute cupcakes, cookies of all types! I'm in some colorful, wonderful, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla kind of heaven.

Granted, it may be the pleading part of me, starved of all that is tasty in the world talking, but in all honesty the place replicates something taken straight out of Hansel and Gretel story. A page borrowed from the wicked old witch herself. Minus the candy cane and lollipops and stuffed children.

I browse through the place, as any hungry tourist with a sweet tooth does and I come across a whole other section.

| Virescent | The sign reads.

~°~

Turns out it was this healthy shakes section. I assume to encourage a more healthier alternative, or just for those who prefer to stay fit with a tasty alternative to all these sweets.

While I was there, I found out a couple of things, one- these donuts, yet finger licking delicious, are pretty pricey. Two- I can save much more making some of these myself. Three- These shakes, however, are not half bad. You know, as good as healthy can taste. Four- If I keep this up, I will be broke before we even get to the last month before the competition even begins. Finally, Five- Zen's just around the corner, at his rehearsals for the play.

Of course I go.

Like Zen said, I had no problem getting in.

He, a guy named Jacob; a co-star for this production, the leading antagonist and a chatterbox. It hasn't been five minutes and I already know how Zen's character is going to die; well, yes, Jacob- he leads me to a door which opens up to a huge auditorium full of velvet covered seats and an enormous stage.

At the foot of the stairs; front row, even in this dimmed out lighting, there's no mistaking it.

I descend down the steps, Zen completely engrossed in his script, doesn't notice me.

"Hey, Handsome." I say in this rather flirty tone, contrary to my look which is me just cradling my bag of goodies and munching on a red velvet cupcake.

He looks up at me and gets up from his seat."You're here."

"Yup, just like I promised."

"A woman of her word, wait here." he's about to walk off somewhere when he stops abruptly. "Sit. This one's just for you." He winks and continues on, but not before I stop him.

He turns, giving me a quizzical look.

I rummage through my bag, pull out and hand him a shake I bought. "Here, it's from-"