Chapter 4: Adjusting

Twilight sat next to Sunset just as Celestia walked in.

"Okay class, today we have a new student amongst us," said Celestia.

She gulped as Celestia said her name.

"Twilight, do have anything you would like to say about yourself?" asked Celestia.

She looked at Sunset.

"Go ahead. You can do it Twilight," whispered Sunset.

Twilight stood and said, "I love doing experiments and discovering how things work."

Everyone in the class was amazed at what Twilight said, including Sunset.

She sat back down nervously.

"Well, I am sure that our science teacher, Mr. Sunburst, will enjoy your company very much," said Celestia.

Math class went as usual for every student, except Twilight. She was very good at math, but she found that some students, like Trixie, were snickering about her. She found it very hard to focus.

Sunset looked at Twilight and glanced back at Trixie.

She had to stifle a growl before Twilight heard it. She went back to her work. She had to focus on her breathing so she wouldn't lose control of her hunger around Twilight. She saw how Starlight reacted to Twilight's scent.

Math class soon ended. Celestia pulled Sunset aside.

"Sunset, I would like you and Twilight to apply for honor roll together," said, Celestia.

Sunset nodded, saying, "Okay, we'll do that."

Both Sunset and Twilight went their separate ways.

Twilight kept thinking about Sunset. She wondered if Pinkie pulled Sunset away from her yesterday because she was a vampire. She shook the thought out of her head as she headed to her next class.

She was relieved to see that she had the next class with Rarity.

"Twilight! Come and sit with me," said Rarity, waving to Twilight. Twilight walked over to Rarity.

"Hey, Rarity. I am glad you and I have this class," said Twilight. She sat next to Rarity just as the teacher walked in.

"Okay class, today's assignment is a review of the civil war." said the teacher.

She looked at Rarity and smiled. She had an easier time focusing in class because Trixie wasn't in her second class. She was very silent and kept to her work.

Rarity noticed that Twilight was too quiet.

"Everything alright, darling?" asked Rarity. She was concerned for Twilight. She noticed that a few girls had been snickering at her.

As Rarity looked at the girls, she saw that they were Trixie's friends. She placed a comforting hand on Twilight's shoulder.

Twilight looked at Rarity. "Thanks, Rarity. Do you know who they are?" asked Twilight.

Rarity sighed, annoyance clear on her face. "They are Trixie's friends," replied Rarity. She knew Trixie was a bit stuck up. She hated how Trixie's attitude was all about her.

She looked at Rarity. "So Trixie was the one who has a math class with me and Sunset?" asked Twilight.

She wondered what she had done to make Trixie hate her. "Maybe Trixie hates me because I am from Crystal Prep." thought Twilight. She went back to her schoolwork as Rarity spoke.

"Yeah. Sunset isn't too fond of Trixie. There is a reason for that, but it is not my place to say what happened." replied Rarity.

Soon after that, the class ended. Twilight walked to the cafeteria. She was greeted by Sunset and her friends. They waved at her as she approached them.