Chapter 13: "I have a...s-sister?!"

Diamond Tiara placed the ruby on her desk. She sat on her bed. She sighed, falling back onto her bed. She felt exhausted, as though she ran the whole way home. She sat back up as her thoughts drifted to what her dad said about her having a sister.

She still couldn't believe it. She hadn't heard her mother, or until recently her father, speak of her having a sister. She wondered why they didn't speak of her. She went to look for her laptop. But upon glancing at the time, she decided it should wait till the morning.

She hid the ruby in a secret compartment under her bed. She had her mother help her with it. She got ready for bed. As she finished spitting out the toothpaste still her mouth, she looked at her teeth. She noticed they seemed to be slightly longer and sharper.

She blinked a couple times, thinking that she was imagining it. As she opened her eyes, her canines were normal. She shrugged it off as just being overly tired. She set her alarm to an hour before her dad would wake up.

She laid on her bed, pulling the covers over her. She felt really cold despite the room being 75 degrees. She shivered slightly as she drifted off to sleep.

Suddenly a bright light blinded Diamond Tiara. She blinked a couple times realizing that she had overslept. She grabbed her phone. She tried to turn it on but she found that it was completely drained. "That's odd. I know that it was charging last night. Who drained it?" thought Diamond Tiara.

She slipped on her slippers as she stood up. She yawned and stretched before she walked downstairs. She was greeted by her mother, who was always saying that being punctual was important.

"Hello dear, I trust you slept well. I have made you breakfast," said Mrs. Rich as she greeted her daughter.

Diamond Tiara shrugged. She looked around, noticing that her dad wasn't in the living room.

"Mother, where's daddy?" asked Diamond Tiara.

Mrs. Rich placed Diamond Tiara's plate on the table. She looked at her daughter. "He said that he was making sure that the reservation at the Canterlot Buffet," replied Mrs. Rich.

Diamond Tiara looked at her mom, confused. It took a minute for her to realize that today was her mother's birthday. She smiled as she said, "Thanks for the update. Now, I will be in my room. Please, don't disturb me."

She grabbed her plate and ran up to her room. She placed the plate on her desk. She made sure that her mom was truly not going to disturb her before she grabbed the ruby.

She placed it a box that she had specially designed to hold the precious gem. As she started to wrap it, her mind wandered to thoughts of her sister.

"Could mom have known of her? Is mom even the mother of my sister? Could she be my half-sister?!" thought Diamond Tiara.

She finished wrapping the present. She found the bow she made for it and placed it on the top. Putting the present in her closet, she grabbed her laptop from the top shelf.

She sat on her bed, thankful that today was Saturday. She flipped her laptop open and turned it on. She was met with a picture of her and dad going to Fillydelphia. Logging on, she immediately opened the browser.

She googled her dad's name. She found several websites that talked about his company. She kept scanning until she came across an archive website. She clicked on it. She saw a picture of her father from 1789. She noticed that aside from his clothing and hair, his appearance hadn't changed.

She scrolled down and saw an old newspaper article. Clicking on it, she saw the headline. 'Filthy Rich loses daughter to a psychopath'. She read some of the paragraphs below it. She found that a village girl by the name of Starlight Glimmer had murdered his daughter.