Chapter 20: "Sunset..."

Twilight was at Starlight's house for the day. She was thankful Starlight and her mother agreed to let her be excused. But she didn't feel okay. She thought about why Filthy Rich would want her to come alone. She couldn't think of any good reasons for such a request.

"Twilight, we're here darling!" shouted Rarity, dropping her bag on the floor.

The rest of the girls came in after her. They all walked into the kitchen to see Twilight and Starlight eating. Fluttershy stood a good distance from Starlight as she finished her blood bag.

"Oh, sorry Fluttershy. Sunset told me you are bit queasy when it comes to our diet," said Starlight.

She got up and threw the empty blood bag into the trash can. "There. I am all done. No need to worry anymore, Fluttershy." said Starlight.

Fluttershy smiled as she walked to the countertop. She sat down next to Twilight. She noticed that Twilight seemed a bit unnerved.

"You okay, Twilight?" asked Fluttershy.

Twilight shook her head no. She wasn't okay. She was anything but okay. She was panicking on the inside because she felt scared. She was panicking because Filthy Rich's request seemed to spell her doom.

Fluttershy and the girls shared exchanges of worried looks. They cared deeply for Twilight. They placed their hands on her shoulders. Fluttershy was the first to speak.

"Twilight, we're here for you. You're not alone in this. Filthy Rich won't hurt you, or Sunset. We won't let it happen." said Fluttershy.

"We're friends, Twi. We not like those Cyrstal Prep bullies, we promise," added Pinkie.

Twilight looked at her friends. She felt like she really had found some true friends. She wished that Sunset was there. She missed the flame-haired girl because she missed her kindness.

"Thank you. It means a lot to have your friendship. Though, I miss Sunset." said Twilight.

The girls nodded in agreement. Starlight, who was previously quiet during that moment, spoke up.

"Okay girls, we need to draw Filthy Rich out, but without endangering Twilight," said Starlight.

The girls all gathered around Starlight. Rainbow Dash looked at Starlight, crossing her arms across her chest.

"So, what's the plan? How do a few humans and one vampire sneak up on a fairly smart vampire?" asked Rainbow Dash?

Starlight chuckled. She noticed that Rainbow Dash was not as confident in her plan as the others were. She decided to hear Rainbow Dash's plan.

"Have a better idea than mine?" asked Starlight, calling Rainbow Dash's bluff.

Rainbow Dash gulped. She was caught. She sighed, giving up.

"No. I don't. How'd you catch my bluff so easily?" asked Rainbow Dash.

Starlight smiled. "Because...I am just as smart, if not smarter then Filthy Rich," replied Starlight.

Rainbow Dash rubbed her neck, chuckling nervously. She didn't like the fact that she was caught. She always tried to sound cool but sometimes she just couldn't.

"So what's your plan, Starlight?" asked Pinkie. She was sitting on the counter, eating a cupcake which she pulled out of her hair.

Starlight grabbed her laptop from the living room. She turned it on, going to a map of the chapel Filthy Rich mentioned. She pointed to the surrounding brush and forest.

"Filthy Rich will have most likely booby trapped those areas. But if we are careful in avoiding them, he shouldn't sense our presence." She made circles on the screen near the brush, "We need to make Twilight look like she did come alone." continued Starlight.