Chapter 29: The Aftermath

Starlight wanted to go after Twilight. But her pressing concern had to be Sunset. She told Applejack and her friends to help carry Sunset while Fluttershy and Rarity opened the doors. She could see that they were worried for Sunset. She shared their feelings of worries.

"Okay girls, let's get Sunset to the nurse's office, now!" shouted Starlight.

Applejack looked at Rainbow Dash and together they lifted Sunset. Starlight managed to make up for the lack of people. All three of them carried Sunset through the school hallways until they reached the nurse's office. Once they got there, they laid Sunset's unconscious body on the exam table. Starlight was the first to exam Sunset.

Starlight took off Sunset's bloodied dress. She gasped as she saw the deep gashes caused by Filthy Rich. She heard Fluttershy and Rarity gag. She saw that Rarity had ran to the bathroom, presumably to throw up. She regained her focus and decided to clean Sunset's wounds.

"Rainbow, give me some rubbing alcohol and a clean towel," said Starlight.

Rainbow Dash found the alcohol and towel. She handed them to Starlight. She kept her distance from Sunset. She was slightly disgusted at the wounds she had endured. She had to sit down as she felt lightheaded. She saw that Applejack sat next to her.

"How are you holdin' up, Rainbow?" asked Applejack.

"T-trying to not puke," replied Rainbow Dash, covering her mouth.

Applejack nodded. She sat back in her seat. She looked at her friend, her exhaustion showing. She pulled her hat over her head and closed her eyes. She wanted to catch some zzzs.

Starlight wet the towel with the water from the sink. She rung it out, not wanting the floor to be slippery. She used the towel to wipe the dried blood off Sunset's skin so she could see the actual wounds better. She had to rinse the towel after she finished cleaning Sunset's stomach. After a few more wash and rinse cycles, Sunset's body was cleaned off.

She saw that many of the wounds had started to heal. She left the nurse's office, heading to the cafeteria. She found Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy eating a cake.

"Where does Pinkie get all those treats?" thought Starlight.

She rolled her eyes and smirked. She figured that Pinkie always had them on her. Shaking the thought off, she approached the girls.

'Girls, I need your help." said Starlight.

Pinkie shoved the last of her cake into her mouth. She tossed her plate away and walked over to Starlight.

"What do you need?" asked Pinkie, swallowing the last of her cake.

Starlight looked at Fluttershy. She hoped that the task she had for her wouldn't make her uncomfortable. She turned back to Pinkie.

"Pinkie, I need you to help clean Sunset's wounds. Can you do that?" asked Starlight.

Pinkie nodded.

"Yessiree. What do I need to do?" replied Pinkie.

Starlight smiled. She was happy to have Pinkie's help.

"Just grab the cotton balls and I will be there in a few minutes," said Starlight.

Pinkie jumped up out of happiness. She gave Starlight hug.

"Okay, will do," said Pinkie.

Starlight watched as Pinkie skipped down the hall. She wished that she could be that happy. But her worries about Sunset weighed heavily on her. She shrugged off her thoughts about her own worries. She needed to be there for Sunset's friends. She walked over to where Fluttershy was sitting.