Chapter 26: "So...What's our Plan Now?"

That Saturday morning, Applejack and the girls went to Starlight's house. Twilight was given a ride by Starlight. She and Starlight were already on the porch, waiting for the rest of the girls.

Applejack and Fluttershy pulled into the driveway. The rest of the girls got out and greeted Twilight and Starlight.

"Hey, Starlight. I gathered all the girls. We're all wondering what is going on." said Applejack, the girls all nodded in confirmation.

Starlight looked down. She wasn't sure how to feel about the news. She turned around and walked into her house. Twilight looked at the girls and gave them a faint smile before she followed Starlight.

Once all the girls were gathered in the kitchen, Starlight left to get the flyer. She came back with it in her hand and Diamond Tiara walking by her.

"Here's the flyer I found taped to my door last night," said Starlight, laying the flyer on the countertop.

Diamond Tiara walked over to Twilight, giving her a hug. She was happy to see Twilight again. She let go of Twilight after a few seconds of hugging. She wanted to hear why Starlight had brought the whole gang together again.

Rainbow Dash picked up the flyer. She saw that it was a school flyer for the Fall Formal. She flipped over and read the note aloud.

"Starlight, I will be at the Fall Formal, with Sunset. She is mostly okay, but don't pull any more tricks on me. Or she will suffer, again. Bring the staff and I will trade her for it." said Rainbow Dash.

The room fell silent. Fluttershy's butterfly barrette fell and clattered on the floor. Everyone turned their attention to Fluttershy as she picked up her barrette.

"Oh, sorry..." whispered Fluttershy.

Starlight smiled and walked over to Fluttershy.

"It's okay. But, that note is why I have you all gathered here. We need to make a plan to get Sunset back, without exchanging her for the staff." said Starlight.

Twilight looked at Starlight, her concern clear in her expression. She was numb with shock. She didn't want to imagine the kind of torture Filthy Rich had put Sunset through. She shuddered, pulling her jacket tighter around herself.

"Is the note really from him?" asked Rarity.

Diamond Tiara grabbed the flyer. She studied the handwriting for a few seconds. She saw her father's classic cursive-print mixture.

"Yep. That's my dad's handwriting," replied Diamond Tiara.

Starlight took a breath before she continued talking.

"Well, now that we know that the note is actually from Filthy Rich, we need a plan and a good one," said Starlight.

Twilight nodded and ran to grab her notebook and pencil. She came back and had her notebook open to a blank page. She readied her pencil to take notes.

"Well, how are we supposed to get Sunset without giving up the staff?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah. He didn't seem too happy to see that he got a fake the first time," added Pinkie.

Starlight was lost in thought. She was trying to figure out how to get Sunset and keep the staff. She wondered if there was a possible way to plan a sneak attack on him. She continued thinking about it while the girls talked.

"What if he doesn't bring Sunset?" asked Fluttershy.

The girls all looked at each other. The thought hadn't crossed their minds until then. Concern and fear quickly replaced their smiles. Twilight was the first to try and reassure the girls.