Chapter 30: "I am...okay...?"

The next morning, Sunset awoke to find herself in her room. She looked around, dazed for a moment. As she looked around, she remembered the events of last nights. She looked at her to confirm that she had indeed been wrapped in ace bandages. She sat up, throwing the blanket off of her.

She felt a lot better then she did last night. She figured that a good night's rest helped her recuperate a lot quicker. She stood up and walked to her bathroom. Closing the door, she sighed. It felt good to be home again. She looked at the mirror. She saw her reflection with its tangled hair and half opened eyes. She burst out laughing at how silly she looked.

She grabbed her hairbrush and took care of her messy hair. She put her hairbrush down on the counter. As she did, she recalled the moment she was in Filthy Rich's basement bathroom. She remembered her red eyes and the hunger that made them glow.

"Filthy Rich was right. I am a monster." thought Sunset.

She turned the water on. She splashed some in her face. She enjoyed the feeling of the cool water on her face. She took a deep breath and allowed herself to relax. She continued to get ready for the day. She wondered who Starlight said was coming.

She pulled the gown off her body. She looked at the ace bandages. She noticed that there seemed to be some speckled areas of fresh blood. She wondered if it was caused by her shifting around in her sleep. Thinking little of it, she continued to find a better outfit.

She found her magenta pajamas. She slipped on her nightshirt, pulling it over the ace bandages. She grabbed her pants and put them on. She looked at her reflection, making sure that her pajamas were on correctly.

Suddenly the front door opened. Diamond Tiara and Twilight walked in. Twilight stayed back as her friends surrounded her and Diamond Tiara. She smiled as she got pulled into a group hug. She was happy to see her friends again. But a part of her still remained wary of seeing Sunset.

The group hug soon broke apart after a few minutes. Rainbow Dash sat on a stool by the kitchen counter. She turned to Twilight, eating an apple.

"So, Twilight where'd you run off to?" asked Rainbow Dash.

Twilight looked at Rainbow Dash. She adjusted her glasses, trying to not let her nerves get the better of her. She hoped that Sunset was still asleep.

"I was...uh, at a dog park," replied Twilight.

Rainbow Dash and the girls exchanged glances of shocked expressions. But Rarity, who was drinking a blueberry and banana smoothie, almost choked. She covered her mouth to keep from making a mess.

"What on earth were doing at a dog park, dear?" asked Rarity.

Everyone turned back to Twilight. They wanted to hear her reason for running to a dog park. Applejack was the only one who didn't really look at Twilight. she recalled their conversation that they had the day Sunset had been kidnapped.

"I went there because...because of me and my brother, Shining Armor. We used to go there when he was still around. It's Spike's favorite place to go...and mine." replied Twilight.

The girls were silent. They didn't realize that Twilight had a brother or that she missed him. The silence in the room became deafening. Twilight, who was still anxious, shifted from one foot to another.

"Well, at least you're safe now, Twi," said Applejack, slinging an arm around Twilight's shoulders.

Twilight managed a weak smile. She looked at the staircase. She saw that Starlight was standing there. She caught her eye for a moment. She hoped that Starlight couldn't sense her fear. She watched Starlight walk up the stairs, presumably to Sunset's room.