Chapter 14: A Day at the Shelter

Sunset was watching tv when Starlight came down.

"Sunset, I am heading over to a friend's house. So I expect this house to be the way I left it, okay?" said Starlight, her voice unusually stern.

Sunset nodded. She went back to her tv show. She tried to not think about the worst possibilities of telling Twilight her secret. But the fear of Twilight's rejection was overwhelming.

Sunset heard the front door slam shut as Starlight left. She decided to go to her room. She wanted to take a shower to relax her nerves. She grabbed a few towels from the hallway cupboard.

Closing her bedroom door, she slowly undressed. She went into her bathroom, placing the towel on the sink counter. She got into the shower, turning on the hot water.

She felt the water hit her skin. It burned slightly at first but then it felt good. She stood there, feeling the water run down her back and off of her. She wanted to stay there in that moment. No worries, no fears, and least of all, no pain.

Suddenly Sunset heard the doorbell ring. She turned off the water, stepping out of the shower. She wrapped a towel around herself before she headed downstairs.

She opened the door to see Flim and Flam standing there.

"Flim. Flam. What are you doing here?" asked Sunset. She hadn't expected them to show up.

"We here for the model of the staff. Starlight told us to pick it up today," replied Flam.

Sunset nodded. "Okay. I will see if I can find it. Please, come in." said Sunset, gesturing for them to come in.

Flim and Flam walked in, saying a quick 'thank you'. Sunset then closed the door and headed for Starlight's room.

She looked in the closet and sure enough there a was a box labeled 'Staff model'. She pulled the box out, careful to not jostle it.

She opened the box, making sure that it was there. She saw a milky white fiberglass model of the staff. She checked it for any damage. Seeing none, she closed the box.

She carefully went downstairs as she carried the box. She handed the box to Flim and Flam. "There you go. I will let Starlight know you came by," said Sunset.

Flim and Flam nodded as they waved goodbye.

Sunset closed the door, heading back up to her room. She went to the bathroom after she picked out her outfit. She decided on her usual leather jacket with a light blue shirt. She chose a clean pair of jeans.

She got finished putting her boots on when her phone vibrated. She grabbed it, turning it on. She saw that she had received a text from Fluttershy.

'If you and Twilight need something to do, you can come over to the shelter.'

Sunset smiled. She was glad that Fluttershy offered to help her out with Twilight. She decided to see if Twilight wanted to do that.

Finding Twilight's number in her contacts. She sent her a text.

'Hey, Twi. I was wondering if you wanted to spend some time at the shelter in town.'

She put her phone down, waiting for Twilight's response. She only had a few minutes before she got the response.

'Sure, I would like that. See you in a few, then?

Sunset texted back.

'Yep. Be there in ten.'

She texted Fluttershy back.

'We'll be there in 20 so minutes, okay?'

She watched as three dots appeared showing that Fluttershy was typing.