Chapter 15: "Twilight...I am a vampire"

Sunset sat at the kitchen counter, staring at the clock. She watched as the time slipped away. She saw that the time was 7:00 pm. She grabbed her keys.

Sitting on her bike, she held the keys in her hand. "I don't think I should tell Twilight." thought Sunset.

"No! You have to! You owe her that much." said Sunset, clearing her head of her doubts.

She turned the engine on and revved it. She raced out of her driveway. She took the long way to Twilight's house. She wanted to avoid the night. But she also wanted to come clean. She groaned as the sight of Twilight's house came into her view.

She pulled into Twilight's driveway. She pulled off her helmet, letting her flame-colored hair fall down her back. She took a deep breath.

"You can do this, Sunset. You're just walking up to her door." thought Sunset.

She walked up to the door. As she went to knock, the door swung open. Twilight stood in the doorway.

"Hey...Sunset. I am already packed." said Twilight, avoiding Sunset's gaze.

Sunset nodded.

"T-that's good. C-can I help you with your bags?" asked Sunset

Twilight ran up to her room. She grabbed her backpack and sleeping bag. She ran back downstairs to find Sunset already standing near her bike.

"Mom, I am leaving now!" shouted Twilight.

"Alright, hon. Just be back tomorrow evening. You know that you're not allowed at a friend's house on a school night." called out Mrs. Velvet.

"Okay, mom. We'll be back tomorrow evening," replied Twilight.

Twilight closed her front door behind her as she walked out. She turned to see Sunset already standing in front of her.

She jumped, fear taking its hold on her.

"H-how did y-you get over here so fast? I-I didn't even h-hear you." stammered Twilight, trying to sound less afraid.

Sunset gulped. Her throat felt dry as she tried to speak. She looked away from Twilight.

"Oh, that is part of what I will tell you later," replied Sunset.

"But, you don't need to be afraid, I won't hurt you," added Sunset, sensing Twilight's fear.

Twilight saw Sunset's cyan eyes as they meet hers. For a second, she could've sworn they were red. But she blinked and Sunset's eyes were their normal cyan color.

"T-thanks, Sunset," said Twilight, handing Sunset her sleeping bag.

She watched as Sunset strapped it down to the back of her bike. She was taken by surprise as Sunset handed her a helmet. But this one was decorated with a plum purple color with a big, white star surrounded by five little ones.

"I made that one myself. I figured that you would, um, like your own helmet," said Sunset, seeing the surprised look as Twilight's face.

Twilight was silent. She wasn't sure of what to say. she didn't expect Sunset to do this. She looked down as she blushed.

"T-thanks, Sunset. I really like it," said Twilight.

Sunset smiled and nodded. She then slung her leg over the bike. She held out her hand, helping Twilight do the same.

Twilight put on her helmet. She made sure her backpack was secured properly to her. Once that was done, she placed her hands on Sunset's waist.

Sunset didn't allow herself to enjoy Twilight's touch. But her heart skipped a beat as electricity flowed between them. She took a deep breath before she started her bike up again.