Chapter 23: "The staff isn't...real?"

A/N: This chapter contains moderate violence that may be unsuitable for some. So, if you are unable to handle violence, please skip over this. chapter.

Filthy Rich was driving down the road which led to Royal Moon's house. He was about to turn into her driveway when his phone rang. He pulled over and grabbed his phone.

"What is so important you have to stop me in the middle of my plan?" asked Filthy Rich, making his irritation clear.

The voice on the other end spoke.

"Sir, your daughter is no longer at the farmhouse." replied the person.

Filthy Rich growled in anger. He couldn't believe that his daughter was gone. He had a feeling who she was with. He looked at Sunset, who was still out from her head being smacked.

"Well, find her! I can't let Starlight corrupt her before I can help her become the person I need her to be," said Filthy Rich.

After that, he hung up the phone. He climbed back into the truck and started the engine again. He drove onwards until he saw the house he presumed to be Royal Moon's.

He found a hidden space to park the truck. He got out of the truck and checked on Sunset. He grabbed some of the spare rope he had and tied the rope to the truck. Using the other end, he tied the rope binding Sunset to the truck. He made sure the connections were secure with a binding spell.

After he finished the spell, he felt very lightheaded. He grasped the truck to keep his balance. He knew that he needed to feed; and soon. He gathered what strength he had and walked up to the front door. He knocked three times and stood back.

The door opened and a young girl stepped out of the house. Her hair was the color of blood with streaks of purple and blue. She had gold eyes with dark red streaks which matched her hair.

"Ah, Filthy Rich, you have arrived," said Royal Moon.

Filthy Rich nodded. He glanced back at the truck. He saw that Sunset was still out, thankfully. He walked into Royal Moon's house, hoping Sunset would remain unconscious.

He closed the door behind him. He took in his surroundings. He saw that the main color Royal Moon had chosen was a velvet red. The decor was a mix of brilliant yellows and blues. He sat down on the couch which sat in the middle of the house.

"So, do you know how to work the staff?" asked Filthy Rich.

Royal Moon was in her kitchen, making a cup of herbal tea. Once she made her tea, she joined Filthy Rich on the couch.

"Yes, I do. So, do you have the staff? We will need it present for the spell," said Royal Moon.

Filthy Rich mumbled a few words. He then opened his hand, palm facing upward. As if on cue, the staff appeared and fell into his hand. He grabbed the staff and handed it to Royal Moon.

"I trust that your magic won't negate its purpose," said Filthy Rich.

Royal Moon narrowed her eyes at Filthy Rich. He shifted nervously under her gaze. He looked out of the window, eyeing the bed of the truck. He wondered when Sunset was going to wake up.

Royal Moon observed the staff Filthy Rich handed her. She traced the edges, trying to sense its magic. She didn't find any trace of its magic. She tried again to sense it's magic but to no avail.

Being half witch, Royal Moon decided to go to her room. There, she had a few herbs which revealed if any magical object was the real thing. Sprinkling a few pinches over the staff, she waited.

Meanwhile, in the bed of the truck, Sunset began to stir. She opened her eyes to see that her vision was blurry. She blinked a few times, clearing her vision. She looked around at her surroundings. She realized that she was in the truck bed. She sat up, trying to get a better view of where she was.