Chapter 28: The Fall Formal: Part 2

Starlight looked at Sunset. She could see all the cuts which covered Sunset's arm. She covered her mouth as she fought to not throw up. She felt a mix of anger and disgust. She couldn't believe what Filthy Rich put Sunset through. She placed the staff next to her, her hand never leaving it.

Sunset did her best to ignore all the whispers. She kept looking at Twilight. She wanted Twilight to acknowledge her, to know that she existed. But instead, she got ignored. She looked down, hiding a stray tear. She was glad to see that Twilight was okay, mostly.

She glanced up and she spotted Twilight's wrist with the scars of her bite. She held back a gasp. She hadn't realized that she had scarred Twilight physically. She tried to pull her hand free of Filthy Rich's grip. She wanted to talk to Twilight, to apologize. She had to make sure Twilight didn't completely hate her.

Starlight saw that Sunset tried to move away from away Filthy Rich. She could see her wince in pain as she fought. She narrowed her eyes at Filthy Rich. She had just about enough of him treating Sunset poorly. She moved forward towards Filthy Rich.

"Let Sunset go. She won't leave your sight, I promise," said Starlight, her eyes watching Filthy Rich's expression.

Filthy Rich rolled his eyes at Starlight. He didn't like her demand. But reluctantly, he let go of Sunset's arm. He watched as Sunset approached her friends. He kept her in his peripheral vision.

Sunset ran up to Pinkie Pie, who greeted her with a hug. She did her best to ignore the pain of her cuts as she gave Pinkie a hug. She smiled at her friends. A few tears started to fall down her cheeks. She was beyond happy to see her friends again. After all that she endured, it was an amazing feeling to see her friends.

Twilight backed away as Sunset got closer. She could feel her heart race fast as her breathing sped up. She covered her wrist, hiding the bite mark from Sunset. She didn't want Sunset to see the scar.

"Oh, dear! What has Filthy Rich done to you?!" exclaimed Rarity.

Sunset looked at Rarity. She didn't want to burden her friends with the details. She didn't want to ruin their happy reunion, not yet. She looked down at her arms and sighed.

"That's a bit of a long story. I will tell you guys the details later," replied Sunset.

As Applejack looked at Sunset, she saw Sunset's fangs. She immediately took a step back. She looked at her friends and saw that they, too, had seen Sunset's fangs. She hoped that Sunset could keep herself in control. She didn't want to be attacked like Twilight.

"Are you h-hungry, Sunset?" asked Applejack, her voice giving away her fear.

Sunset's red eyes met Applejack's green ones. She could tell that there was a mix of worry and fear in them. She bit her lip causing her fang to cut it. She tasted her own blood. She felt her stomach growl in response, making her double over. She felt her ability to control herself, slipping away.

"Y-yes, I am. My injuries require me to drink large amounts of blood. But Filthy Rich only supplied a few pints to me." replied Sunset, struggling to stand up straight.

Twilight looked up as Sunset spoke. She caught Sunset's attention. For a moment, she and Sunset stared at each other. She wasn't sure of what to do. She didn't know what she could, or should, say. She leaned against the table behind her as Sunset began to approach her.

Meanwhile, Starlight kept her hand on the staff. She watched the surrounding crowds of student and faculty alike. She wasn't sure of what Filthy Rich was planning. But she hoped that because it was a public place, he wouldn't dare risk exposing them.