Chapter 22: Help

Starlight sat on the kitchen counter. She had her laptop on. She was searching the surrounding area of the chapel for any signs of Filthy Rich. But she was coming up empty-handed. She slammed her fists against the table, her frustration building.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie walked in and were greeted by their friends.

"Hey girls. How is Twilight?" asked Fluttershy.

"Is she doing alright? She lost an awful lot of blood..." said Applejack.

Pinkie looked at her friends. She beamed as she said, "She was doing just hunky dory. Though, she was put on bed rest by the doc."

Fluttershy and her friends sighed with relief. They had been worried that Twilight would be in critical danger.

"So, what's up with Starlight?" asked Rainbow Dash, she pointed to Starlight.

The gang stared at Starlight. They could tell that the stress of what happened the night before was getting to her.

Rarity turned to Rainbow Dash, saying, "She's been on the laptop since we got here. When I left to go home, she was trying to see where Filthy Rich was heading to next. Apparently, she still hasn't had much luck."

The girls had looks of worry. Rarity turned back to Starlight. She decided to see if she could help Starlight.

"Hello, Starlight. I was wondering if there was something I could possibly help you with," said Rarity.

Starlight spun her head around to see Rarity sitting next to her. She blinked several times as her eyes adjusted to not staring at a computer screen.

She saw the other girls standing in the living room, watching their conversation. She understood their worries. She knew that they were probably worried too about her. She didn't realize how long she was on the laptop till just now.

She turned off her laptop. She motioned for the rest of the gang to come over. Placing a hand on Rarity's shoulder, she spoke.

"Yes, there is something you can do. Would you mind swinging by the farmhouse and seeing if there was any mention of where Filthy Rich might be headed?" asked Starlight.

Rarity looked at the girls, wondering what to say. She saw that Fluttershy seemed skittish about going back to the farmhouse. She noticed that the rest of her friends also seemed to be apprehensive.

"We would love too, darling. You shouldn't have to do this alone," replied Rarity.

She heard Rainbow Dash mumble something under her breath. She gave Rainbow Dash a glare, narrowing her eyes. She then turned back to Starlight.

"You should get some rest. We will check out the farmhouse," said Rarity.

Starlight nodded. As she stood up, her legs ached from sitting for too long. She steadied herself against the countertop. She looked at the girls, a small smile creeping onto her face.

"Thank you, girls. This really helps. But be warned, Filthy Rich could have set some traps in the house." said Starlight.

Starlight watched the girls expressions go from worried to fearful. She hoped that for their sakes, Filthy Rich didn't set any traps. She went up to her room after saying a few see you laters.

Once Starlight was gone, Rarity turned to the girls. She looked around, noticing that Fluttershy had run off. She looked in the living room and spotted the familiar light pink hair. She walked over to Fluttershy and sat down.

Fluttershy let out a quiet scream as Rarity sat next to her. She placed her hand over her racing heart. She took a few breaths, calming down. She was lost in thought about what could be waiting in the farmhouse that she hadn't heard Rarity walk over.