Chapter 34: Back from the Dead

Diamond Tiara walked to the school courtyard. She was thankful it was night so no one would recognize her. As she approached the courtyard, she saw something glinting on the ground. She approached it and saw that it was the pipe she had stabbed through her father.

"Oh, no! That can't be good!" thought Diamond Tiara, panicking.

She picked the pipe up and sniffed it. Filthy Rich's scent was faint. She figured that he must've left about a day or so ago. Setting the pipe gently, she listened for any signs that Filthy Rich was nearby. After a few moments, she heard something at the blood bank.

Flashing over to the blood bank, Diamond Tiara kept herself out of sight. She hid behind a small bush as a van door slammed shut. Footsteps made their way past her. Carefully, she peeked over the bush. She saw her father with what appeared to be a large group of teenagers.

"What is he doing here with them?" whispered Diamond Tiara.

Meanwhile, Trixie was walking by the blood bank. She was on her way home from the mall. As she walked past a row of bushes, she spotted Diamond Tiara. She knitted her eyebrows in confusion. Her eyes darted in the direction of where Diamond Tiara was looking. She spotted the last of the teenagers as they walked into the bank.

Deciding she needed to know what was going on, she approached Diamond Tiara.

"Hey, what's going on here? Why are spying on those people?" hissed Trixie, ducking behind the bushes.

Diamond Tiara spun around, coming face to face with Trixie. She felt her fangs extend before she could retract them. Turning away, she tried to calm herself down.

"Trixie, I am following them because they are with my father, who is supposed to be dead," replied Diamond Tiara.

She got up and flashed over to the entrance of the building. She spotted some of the teenagers lingering in the hallways.

"Great, he has spotters." thought Diamond Tiara, rolling her eyes.

Trixie watched as Diamond Tiara stood by the entrance. She walked out from behind the bushes and followed Diamond Tiara. She wanted to know more. Plus, she wasn't about to be left out of the mystery.

Darting towards Diamond Tiara, she didn't see that someone was watching them from outside. As she got closer to Diamond Tiara, she tripped over the last step. She fell, tumbling into Diamond Tiara.

Diamond Tiara's head hit one of the glass doors, shattering it. The noise was enough to cause the spotters to look at them. She pushed Trixie off if her, quickly jumping to her feet.

"Good job, Trixie! Now I have to deal with them. Just stay out of this before you get hurt." Diamond Tiara said, grabbing a shard of glass.

Trixie groaned. After hitting her knee on the pavement, she felt something crack. She attempted to stand but her knee buckled. Managing to catch herself on the railing, she looked at Diamond Tiara.

"I-I think I broke my knee!" shouted Trixie, fighting through the pain.

Diamond Tiara looked back at Trixie. Letting her guard down, she was attacked by one of the spotters. She landed on her back as she was tackled. Using the glass shard, she slit the throat of the of her attacker. She shoved the person off of her as she got up. Walking over to Trixie, she dropped the bloodied glass shard.

"Come on, I'll help you sit somewhere safer," said Diamond Tiara as Trixie swung her arm over her shoulder.

With Diamond Tiara's help, Trixie hobbled over to the school entrance. As they walked through the broken door, the second spotter appeared. Diamond Tiara sat Trixie down near a set of lockers.