Chapter 24: Half Human/ Half Vampire

*Earlier that day*

Starlight was sitting in the kitchen, next to Fluttershy. She stared at the marble countertop. The silence between her and Fluttershy was dense. She wasn't sure of what to say. She had tried to explain to Fluttershy why they didn't tell her earlier.

"Fluttershy, I am sorry. I wish you didn't have to find this out under these circumstances," said Starlight.

Fluttershy remained motionless. She was unsure of what to think. She would much prefer an animal's blood over her own. At the same time, she couldn't fathom the idea of killing animals. She cared for animals, big or small. She laid her head down on the countertop, hoping to stop the headache which was forming.

Diamond Tiara sat with the rest of the gang in the living room. She was uneasy being around so many people. She could feel her hunger growing. She did her best to ignore it as the girls talked.

"So, Diamond Tiara, how are you half vampire?" asked Rainbow Dash.

She stared at Diamond Tiara. She eyed Diamond Tiara's stiff posture. She understood why Diamond Tiara was keeping her distance. She recalled that Sunset behaved in a similar way when they first met.

"I think my dad is a vampire. My mother must've been human. Through their DNA, I have been created. But I am still new to knowing that I am a..." Diamond Tiara trailed off, not wanting to say the word vampire.

"A vampire?" asked Rarity.

"Yeah, that," replied Diamond Tiara.

She looked down at her hands. She didn't want to make any eye contact. She recalled what she saw in the bathroom mirror. She was shocked at how menacing she looked with her blood red eyes. A cold shiver ran down her spine at the thought of that.

She looked at the girls. She saw that Rainbow Dash was annoyed or bored, but she couldn't tell the difference. She heard a scuffle of feet as Fluttershy joined them. She saw that Fluttershy seemed timider than before.

Starlight chose to stay in the kitchen. She was getting hungry. She fixed herself a drink. She was about to put away the blood when she saw Diamond Tiara. She decided to be gracious and offer Diamond Tiara a glass as well.

"So, how did you guys feel when you found out your friend, Sunset, was a vampire?" asked Diamond Tiara, she wanted to change the subject.

The girls all looked at Diamond Tiara with surprised expressions. Rarity and Applejack exchanged glances of uncertainty. None of the girls had ever really thought about the day Sunset told them her secret.

"Well, I remember being a bit confused and afraid," said Applejack, rubbing the nape of her neck nervously.

Diamond Tiara couldn't picture the country girl being scared. She seemed to be confident, not at all like Fluttershy. She glanced over at the shy girl. She saw her flinch as their eyes met. She could see the fear which darkened Fluttershy's eyes. She looked away, her eyes burning as a tear formed.

"Well, I for one was terrified when I found out Sunset was a vampire. But...she did reassure me that she was my friend," added Fluttershy, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I recall that I was surprised. I wasn't expecting such a thing from a good friend," said Rarity, her dark blue eyes seemed to stare off into space.

Rainbow Dash looked her as she said, "I thought it was a bit weird at first. But she has some amazing abilities, and she helped me with my homework. So, I overlooked it."

Pinkie smiled. She remembered how she found out Sunset's secret as if it was yesterday.

"I was confused at first. But after she explained it to me, I was just excited to have such a cool friend!" exclaimed Pinkie.