Chapter 5: Stirring Feelings

Sunset felt a tingle go up to her spine as she recalled the kiss she gave Twilight. She was glad that it didn't seem to upset her. She smiled as she thought about seeing Twilight tomorrow.

She sped home on her motorcycle. She threw off her helmet as she rushed into her house. She saw that Starlight was watching some old films. She never understood what those old, dusty films meant to Starlight

"Hey Starlight, I am home. What are you watching? " asked Sunset. She sat next to Starlight on the couch. She saw that Starlight's cheeks were wet with tears. She wondered why Starlight had been crying.

Starlight wiped her eyes and cheeks dry as soon as Sunset notice the tears. She hadn't told Sunset that the films were of her family that had died a long time ago. She looked at Sunset after her eyes were dry. She could that Sunset was within close proximity of Twilight. She wondered what Sunset had done with her.

"What's up, Sunset? Anything exciting? " asked Starlight. She watched as Sunset beamed. She could tell that whatever happened between Twilight and Sunset had excited Sunset big time. She listened intently as Sunset began to speak.

"Well, Twilight and I have math class together, so I had a lot of fun talking with her. But of course, Trixie had to make fun of her. I wanted to kill her for that, but I didn't for Twilight's sake. Then after that, me and her hung out with my friends. She had asked me what happened between me and Trixie. I said that I would tell her some other time. After school, I drove her around town. She really enjoyed the tour. I had saved my favorite spot for last. I took her to the pier. " replied Sunset, without taking a single breath.

Starlight was amazed at how long Sunset continued to talk without breathing. She was amazed that Sunset and Twilight hung out and seemed to be growing closer. She looked at Sunset, raising an eyebrow.

"Is that all or is there a big finale after all that? " asked Starlight.

Sunset blushed. She hadn't suspected that Starlight would figure out that there was an epic ending to her day. She laughed with glee as she said,

"I kissed Twilight right after that! "She gauged Starlight's reaction. She saw that Starlight had the look of terror on her face. She worried that she shouldn't have kissed her. She watched as Starlight stood up.

"You did what?! How could you?! Do you realize that you could've just exposed yourself then and there?! "shouted Starlight. She was pissed at Sunset's careless action. She couldn't believe that Sunset would be that reckless. She had to keep herself from strangling Sunset.

She walked out to the backyard where she kept a punching bag filled with titanium pellets. The bag was built to stand Starlight's heavy blows. She kept hitting the bag as Sunset watched on sorrowfully.

"Sorry Starlight. I kind of got caught up in the moment. I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her. " replied Sunset.

She looked at Starlight apologetically. She then walked back into the house, grabbing a bag of deer blood. Sunset prefers deer to rabbit blood. But the rabbit was less messy making it ideal to bring to school. She finished the bag in a few seconds. She then carefully disposed of it.

She headed up to her room. Once she made sure that Starlight was still punching away at the bag, she pulled out her old leather diary. On the front cover was a sun split into two colors; red and yellow. She loved those colors and how they looked side by side.

She pulled out a feather pen. She liked the way it made the letters look fancy and old. It took her years to learn how to use it, but she was determined to learn how.

She began to pen out the date and the day's events. She relived the kiss with Twilight in her head. She herself still couldn't believe what she did entirely. She felt that some part of it had to be a dream. But the best part was that Twilight seemed to be feeling the same way. As she sat her desk, she scribbled away about Trixie.