Chapter 25: Scars Remain

*Two days later*

Twilight was leaving her class as the lunch bell rang. She saw her friends waiting for her in the cafeteria doorway. She waved to them as she approached the table.

"Hi, girls," said Twilight.

"Hey, Twilight. We sure are glad to see you," said Applejack, slinging her arm over Twilight's shoulder.

Twilight smiled at the girls. She was glad that they were her friends. She felt much more accepted here at CHS then she did at Crystal Prep. She followed her friends as they joined the lunch line.

"So, how's the search for Filthy Rich been?" asked Twilight.

She wanted to know the latest news on him. She had gotten a call two days ago from Starlight, telling her they knew of Filthy Rich's general location. Since then, she had kept up to date records of where they had searched for Filthy Rich.

"Not good I'm afraid. Starlight is running out of possible places for him to be," replied Rarity, she looked disappointed in their search results.

Twilight looked at the rest of her friends. She saw their disheartened expressions. She looked at her own tray of food, trying to see if there was a way to get some results.

The girls all sat at their usual table. Twilight still remained silent as she sat down. Her mind was calculating every possible way to find Filthy Rich. She finally came up with a semi-decent plan.

"Have you girls tried to search places, like the farmhouse?" asked Twilight.

The girls shook their heads. The idea hadn't crossed their minds. They looked at Twilight expectedly.

"Well, there is a slight possibility that he may have visited that place again." continued Twilight, adjusting her glasses.

"Well, we'll be sure to run that by Starlight, dear," said Rarity.

Twilight's eyes gleamed as she let a small delighted smile cross her face. She looked around the cafeteria as she continued to eat her food. She tried to spot Diamond Tiara. But there was no sign of her. She hadn't seen her all day and she was curious as to where she was.

"Where's Diamond Tiara? I haven't seen her today," asked Twilight.

Pinkie looked at Fluttershy, who shared her look of concern. They both knew that Diamond Tiara was having a bit of trouble adjusting. Starlight told them to not worry Twilight. They didn't want Twilight to have more stress considering that she was still recovering from the events of Tuesday night.

"She's at Starlight's house. She is, uh, doing okay," replied Applejack.

Twilight noticed Applejack uncertain demeanor. She gave her a concerned look, her normally bright purple eyes darkening.

"What do you mean she's doing okay?" asked Twilight.

Applejack's gaze shifted down to her tray. She didn't want to worry Twilight. But she was also morally obligated to tell her the truth, despite how bad it was. She took a breath, telling herself to not lie.

"She...is struggling. Starlight has been trying to help her control her abilities. But, she hasn't been able to." replied Applejack.

Twilight was speechless as she heard the news. She was hoping that Diamond Tiara would be adjusting much quicker. She looked down at her tray, no longer hungry.

"Sorry, Twi. I know you were hoping she would be doing better," said Applejack.

The bell rang, announcing that lunchtime was over. Twilight took her tray and threw it away without saying anything. She walked to her next class, ignoring her friends.