Chapter 9: Theories

Twilight went to her next class. Her mind was replaying Sunset's hand around Trixie's throat. She felt sick to her stomach knowing that could easily be her.

As she walked into the classroom, she spotted Rarity. She tried to find a spot that wasn't next to Rarity. Seeing no other open seats, She sat next to Rarity.

"Hello dear. I know how you must feel. But we never meant for our lies to hurt you." said Rarity.

She wanted to attempt to make amends for her actions. She hoped that in due time Twilight may come to forgive her and her friends. She could tell that the lies had hurt her.

Twilight looked at Rarity, unaware that her purple eyes were wet with the beginnings of tears. She could tell that Rarity was sincere in her words.

"I know. But I can't forgive you or Sunset just yet. I want to know the truth, and until I do, I'm going to keep my distance." replied Twilight.

Rarity gasped at the harshness in Twilight's voice. She felt a pang of sadness wash over her. She knew that she and the gang deserved that. She also knew that welcoming a new friend meant that the lies were bound to hurt them.

"Okay. We will still be here for you if ever you need us," said Rarity, her once confident voice now a mere whisper.

Twilight nodded. She went back to her desk, acting as though the violet-haired girl didn't exist.

Class went on usual, but Twilight noticed that Trixie wasn't making snide comments about her. She wondered if the hallway incident had shaken her.

Class soon ended, allowing Twilight to get away from Rarity. She couldn't help but feel mad at her supposed friends for lying to her. As she went to her locker, she caught sight of Trixie.

She noticed that Trixie's friends weren't with her. She wondered why that was. As she kept looking at Trixie, their eyes met.

For a brief moment, Twilight could see Trixie's fear. What Sunset did to her truly frightened Trixie. But as quickly as their eyes met, Trixie ran off, breaking the eye contact.

Twilight closed her locker door to see a smiling Pinkie.

"Hey Twilight, I was wondering if you want to hang out at lunch today," asked Pinkie, her cheerful demeanor rubbing off on Twilight.

Twilight looked at Pinkie. Seeing how happy Pinkie was made Twilight consider saying yes. She didn't want to make Pinkie sad.

"Okay. Sure, I would like to sit with you," replied Twilight.

Pinkie let out a small squeal of joy. She jumped up and down as she said, "Great. I will let the gang know." After that Pinkie gave Twilight a quick hug before running off to her next class.

She saw her vision go blurry for a second as she began to feel a bit lightheaded. She steadied herself against her locker. She assumed that she was lightheaded due to her nerves. She wasn't too happy about agreeing to sit next to Sunset. Once the lightheadedness was gone, she went to her class.

Meanwhile, Starlight was cleaning up after last night's dinner. She was about to start the dishes when a series of loud knocks came. She immediately went to open the front door.

"Flim. Flam. What are you doing here?" asked Starlight. She looked around, making sure that no one saw them. She motioned for Flim and Flam to come in.

"Starlight, we have come here to tell you that we have received a disturbing letter from Filthy Rich," said Flam. He and Flim looked at each other before Flim handed Starlight the letter.

Starlight read the letter. As she finished reading the letter, she unknowingly crumpled the letter. "How is it that when I trust you two to protect the staff, that Filthy Rich finds out about it?" asked Starlight.