Chapter 17: Kidnapping 101

Filthy Rich stopped the car after about 3-4 hours of straight, non-stop driving. He opened the trunk, pulling Sunset out. He dragged her along a dirt path behind an old, run down, 17th-century farmhouse.

Sunset looked at the cobblestone building. She noticed a slight shimmer around it. She realized that the location was spelled so it was not detected by any locator spell of any sort. She grimaced as she was forcefully put on her knees.

"I have brought you to the first residence that I bought when I first turned. I expect you to be a proper house guest or you'll see the extra basement meant just for you," said Filthy Rich, standing in front of Sunset.

Sunset craned her neck to look at Filthy Rich. She spat at his feet. She didn't take kindly to him kidnapping her then making demands. She didn't fear him, or his supposed 'torture dungeon'.

"I won't take demands from someone who hurts my friends!" shouted Sunset.

Within seconds she found her face on the dirt road. She could feel Filthy Rich's boot on her back. She groaned slightly as he pressed harder. She felt her spine reach its near breaking point.

"I'd take that back or all Starlight will have is your corpse," said Filthy Rich, pressing slightly harder than before.

Sunset yelled out in pain.

"Ah! O-okay. I give in, I will abide by your rules." said Sunset through gritted teeth.

Immediately, the pressure on her spine was gone and she was back on her feet. She glared at Filthy as he dragged her to a small room. She saw that the twin sized bed took up half the room space.

"This is your room till I figure out what to do with you. I wouldn't want Starlight to get you back, at least not completely unharmed," said Filthy Rich.

Sunset felt the rope around her wrists, fall. She realized that Filthy Rich had untied her. She thought about attempting to break his neck. But her spine was still in no condition for trying such an attempt. She sat on the bed, keeping her eyes fixated on Filthy Rich.

"Thanks. I guess you're not such a bad host," said Sunset.

Filthy Rich glared at her. He couldn't believe how she would behave with his graciousness. But then, he did kidnap her so maybe she harbored some tough feelings.

"Well, I do my best to be a good host. Now, you'll remain locked in the room for most of the day. I will have someone deliver some animal blood for you. But, under no circumstances are you to try anything to escape or you'll see what I have for you." said Filthy Rich.

Sunset sighed. She was grateful for the fact she wouldn't be bound. She agreed and Filthy Rich slammed the door shut and locked it. She laid down, her mind racing about Twilight.

"I hope Twilight is okay." thought Sunset before she drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later, Starlight and Twilight had canvassed the nearby area, looking for any sign of Sunset. They had been at it since noon.

"Find anything?" asked Twilight when she saw Starlight stop in the middle of the road.

Starlight pointed to the set tire tracks which were headed away from the house. She bent down, examining the tracks. She noticed that the tread came from one particular car.

"Filthy Rich drove off this way," said Starlight, standing back up.

Twilight looked at the tread then at Starlight. She wondered how Starlight could tell that was Filthy Rich's car instead of some random one. She studied the track further. She noticed the treads had a slight F and R shape to them.