Chapter 19: Searching for Sunset

Twilight got off the bus at her usual bus stop. She saw her mom glaring at her as the bus left. She gulped. She had promised to be home on Sunday evening but it didn't go as planned.

"Where exactly were you last night? I expected you home in the evening." said a stern Mrs. Velvet.

Twilight hung her head in shame. She knew that she had to tell her mother the truth. Sighing, she looked her mother in the eye.

"I wasn't here due to Sunset being kidnapped by a family friend," replied Twilight.

Mrs. Velvet looked shocked to hear the news. But her attention was drawn to the bandages on her daughter's head.

"Am I to presume that you were injured by the said kidnapper?" asked Mrs. Velvet.

Twilight looked down, nodding. She felt a hand reach under her chin. She saw that her mother was smiling at her.

"I am just glad you are safe and sound. I worry about you because it's my job to do so," said Mrs. Velvet.

Twilight smiled at her mother. She was glad that her mother was as kind and caring as she was. She hurried up to her room after giving her mother a quick hug. She wanted to finish her homework so she could search for Sunset later.

At the farmhouse, Sunset was getting restless. She was bored out of her mind. She had begun to count the number of times she blinked in an hour. Just as she was about to recount her blinks, she was startled by a loud bang.

She was about to stand up when the door to her confinement opened. She saw a red-eyed Diamond Tiara standing in the doorway. She was shocked to see Diamond Tiara looking so fearful.

"Can you explain why I broke a student's arm...like a twig?!" shouted Diamond Tiara, her voice rattling the glass window.

Sunset covered her ears as Diamond Tiara spoke. She looked at the girl whose eyes were just horrified at what she did. She felt sorry for her. She knew that Diamond Tiara didn't have any real support with her father being on his own agenda.

"You...are coming into your vampire side. You're slowly becoming half vampire. Enhanced strength and speed are a part of it." said Sunset, lowering her hands from her ears.

Diamond Tiara looked at Sunset, her eyes red eyes becoming her normal cornflower blue. She sat next to Sunset, silent tears falling down her cheeks.

As Sunset got close to her, she could smell Twilight's scent. She pulled away, her own tears threatening to fall. She avoided any eye contact with Diamond Tiara. She looked out the window.

"You okay?" asked Diamond Tiara.

She sat on the bed, wiping her eyes dry. She waited for Sunset to answer. She tried her best to keep from crying again.

"No. I miss my friend Twilight. The last I saw of her was when your father knocked her out. I hope she is okay." said Sunset.

Her voice trembled a little as she spoke. She couldn't forget the image of Twilight laying unconscious on the basement floor. She had felt horrible that she couldn't help her.

Diamond Tiara glanced at Sunset's figure. She could tell that Sunset was being starved due to her slightly bony figure. She looked at the carpet as she spoke.

"Well, it seems Starlight has patched her up. I broke the student's arm because it was one of Trixie's friends who was picking on Twilight," said Diamond Tiara.

Sunset turned to look at her. "Was Trixie a part of it?" asked Sunset.

Diamond Tiara shook her head. "No. In fact, it seemed due to the event between you and Trixie on Friday, they've abandoned her," replied Diamond Tiara.