Chapter 10: "I'm Sorry"

Sunset looked away. Seeing Twilight standing there was enough to make her heart race. She hated that Twilight had to see her holding Trixie by her throat.

"Hey, Twilight. Glad that you could join us," replied Rainbow Dash. She jabbed Sunset in her rib cage.

"Ow! What is that for?" whispered Sunset angrily. She glared at Rainbow Dash while rubbing her rib cage.

"Say something to her. It is the least you can do," said Rainbow Dash. She nodded her head in Twilight's direction.

Sunset groaned in pain. She didn't appreciate Rainbow Dash's methods of getting her attention.

"Rainbow, she told me that unless I want to confess my secret, she would rather I didn't talk to her," replied Sunset.

Rainbow looked from Sunset to Twilight and then looked back at Sunset.

"Really? She didn't mention it to Pinkie Pie," asked Rainbow Dash.

Sunset nodded. She recalled the moment in the bathroom as she explained it to Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash looked at Twilight, who busy gathering her food onto her tray.

"Wow. I can't believe you tried to pass off your growl as a ringtone," said Rainbow, seemingly ignoring the point of Sunset's tale.

Sunset looked back at Twilight, who was busy avoiding any eye contact. She sighed. She really did like Twilight, but she knew she had messed up too.

"Well, it was the only thing I thought of," replied Sunset, her annoyance clear in her voice.

Rainbow Dash got the point and backed off. They met up with the rest of the gang at a table not too far from the entrance.

"Hey, " said Rainbow Dash as she sat down. Sunset and Twilight joined her.

Sunset sighed. She noticed that Twilight sat on the opposite end of the table, opposite of her. She bit her lip as she saw Twilight glance at her.

"Hey Twilight, glad you could join us," said Applejack.

She sat in between Twilight and Fluttershy. She noted that Twilight seemed to be avoiding Sunset.

Twilight sat there, silent. She didn't feel too comfortable around Sunset and her friends. "Yeah, me too," whispered Twilight.

Sunset saw Rarity sit next to her.

"Sunset, what is wrong?" asked Rarity.

Sunset looked up at Rarity. She could hear Twilight move a little farther down the table. Sighing, she placed her head on her hands.

"Twilight heard me growl earlier, while we were in the bathroom. Then during the passing period, she saw me threatening Trixie," said Sunset.

Rarity looked at Sunset, her dark blue eyes saddened by Sunset's tale.

Rarity placed her hands on Sunset's shoulder. "I am sure she might give you a chance to tell the truth. But you have to be willing to tell her the real truth."

Sunset knew that Rarity's words rang true. Even Twilight herself had said it. She didn't want to talk to Sunset unless she was going to tell the truth.

"Okay. I will talk to her after school," replied Sunset.

After she said that, the bell rang, ending lunch.

Sunset went to her next class. She had this class with Trixie. She sat down in the only available seat; next to Trixie.

As Sunset sat down, Trixie said, "Hello again, Sunset."