Chapter 16: "I am Starlight Glimmer"

The next morning, Starlight awoke to find she was still at Sunburst's house. She sat up, looking for Sunburst. She found him sleeping at the table, drooling over a paper.

She laughed at how silly he looked. She was amazed that her friend could sleep anywhere.

She silently tip-toed away from Sunburst. She didn't want to wake him as she left.

She grabbed her jacket and purse. She looked back at Sunburst, saying, "Good talk. See you later."

Sunburst was startled awake by Starlight's voice. He watched as his front door slammed shut. He smiled to himself as he adjusted his glasses.

Starlight got in her car, throwing her jacket and purse into the passenger seat. She sat in her car. She had this strange feeling something was off. Turning on her car, she sped over to Film and Flam's store.

She parked in the empty parking lot. She was glad that Flim and Flam were the only two in the store. She walked in, greeted by the musty smell of old books.

"Flim! Flam! Where are you two?" shouted Starlight.

She heard rustling from behind the counter. She looked in that direction to see the two brothers rummaging through a stack of papers.

"Oh, Starlight! You're here, what a surprise! I am guessing you want to see the replica, no?" asked Flam.

Starlight nodded.

"Yes. That is the only reason I would risk Filthy Rich seeing me here, with you two," said Starlight.

Flam looked at his brother before looking back at Starlight.

"You alone, Starlight?" asked Flam.

Starlight sighed.

"Yes, you dimwitted idiot! I wouldn't have come here if I wasn't!" replied Starlight.

Flam cleared his throat, ignoring Starlight's insult. He left the room. He went to a secret hidden room where the replica was kept. He walked out and placed the replica on the counter.

Starlight gasped. She didn't expect such high quality from the brothers. She picked up the replica. She examined it, noticing that every detail was accounted for.

"Wow... I take that back. Maybe you two aren't such dimwits after all." said Starlight.

Flim and Flam smiled. They exchanged looks of pride.

"We did the best we could. Do you think it could fool him?" asked Flim.

Starlight ran her finger down the length of the replica. She couldn't even tell the difference between this and the real one.

"It should. At least until he tries to use it," replied Starlight.

Flim and Flam nodded.

"Well, we'll keep it on display so he doesn't notice a difference," said Flam.

Starlight nodded. She handed the replica back, saying, "Okay. Now I have to head home."

Starlight walked out of the store. As she headed to her car, she watched a blue Sudan race by. She knew that Filthy Rich owned a blue Sudan. She hopped into her car, turning it on.

She drove home as fast as she could. As she pulled up to her house, she saw the front door was wide open. She turned off her car as she jumped out.

She ran inside to find the living room mostly neat. She found a movie that was left in the player. She also saw a half-eaten bowl popcorn. As she examined the rest of the house, she found that nothing was really out of place.