Chapter 21: Recovering and Fighting

Sunset was in what appeared to be a dark room. She looked around, seeing an empty chair sitting in the middle. She looked around her, trying to see where she was. When she turned her attention back to the chair, Twilight was sitting in it.

"Twi, what are doing here? How did you get here...?" asked Sunset.

She stepped closer to Twilight. As she did, each step made Twilight's appearance change. Each step made Twilight look more and more decayed. She had tried to not gag as Twilight's skin began to fall off in certain places. She looked away as most of Twilight's hair and some of her scalp landed on the ground as she moved her head up.

"What's wrong, Sunset? Am I too dead for you?" asked Twilight, her voice becoming more distorted with each word.

Sunset backed away, her heart racing faster with each step. She noticed that Twilight was standing up from the chair. As she did, her legs snapped, bending in an inhuman way.

Sunset threw up as she heard another loud cracking sound. She looked to see that Twilight had fixed her legs. She saw that Twilight was staggering towards her. Sunset saw that Twilight's body fell apart a little more with each step. By the time Twilight was within five feet of her, she had lost almost all of her skin.

Sunset saw Twilight's rotting corpse began to decay even more. She saw Twilight's muscles deteriorate, leaving her walking with a limp.

"Twi-Twilight, what's happening to you? asked Sunset.

She stepped back, her hands feeling behind her. She felt a wall behind her. She looked around, hoping to find a door. She ran the length of the wall, hoping for a door handle to appear. But to no avail. She turned back to see Twilight limping after her.

She saw that Twilight's face was rotting away with each minute that passed. She threw up again at the sight of Twilight's eyes becoming glossy and gray. She looked up to see Twilight standing in front of her.

"Come on, Sunset. I just want a hug." said Twilight, holding out her rotting arms.

Sunset gulped, looking behind her. She saw that she was cornered. She squished herself against the corner of the wall.

"Twilight, no. I don't want a hug." said Sunset as calmly as she could.

But Twilight kept advancing. She looked around, seeing the chair in arms reach. She grabbed it. She swung it at Twilight's head. She knocked Twilight's head off her body, sending it rolling into the corner she was previously in.

She tossed the chair aside. She caught her breath, keeping an eye on Twilight's motionless corpse. She went to sit in a corner, wanting to take a nap. But as she started to walk, she heard a few grunting noises.

She turned to see Twilight's headless corpse crawling towards its head. She watched in horror as the body snapped the head back onto its spine.

"Sunset...that wasn't very nice. I just wanted a hug." said Twilight, her head swiveling around to face Sunset.

Sunset frantically spun around, trying to find a way away from Twilight. She grabbed the chair, holding in front of her like a shield. She watched as Twilight broke the chair in half, tossing it aside.

Sunset ran, but Twilight was too fast. She felt Twilight's rotting hands grabbed her wrist. She tried to pull away, but she just pulled Twilight's hand off her arm. She screamed and threw it off of her.

She tried to find the exit but there was none. She turned to see an angered Twilight charging at her, despite the limp. She screamed as Twilight snarled and launched herself onto Sunset.