Chapter 33: Knocking on Death's Door

Twilight found herself at the chapel again. She spun around, trying to find the dirt that led away from the chapel. But it wasn't there. It was as if it had been magically erased. Suddenly a twig snapped, making Twilight scream. Her eyes darted to the woods that surrounded her.

Out of the woods, stepped Filthy Rich. Behind him, was someone she didn't expect to see, Sunset. But Sunset didn't look like her usual self. Her eyes were blood red and shimmered as if she was in a trance of some kind. Twilight started to back away, her eyes never leaving Sunset.

As she continued to back up, she felt her hand touch cold, hard stone. She looked behind her to see that she was against the chapel. When she looked in front of her, Filthy Rich and Sunset were standing in front of her.

"Mmm, you smell so good, Twi. I just want to sink my fangs into you," said Sunset, taking a deep breath as she hovered over Twilight's neck.

Twilight's breath hitched as Sunset leaned in closer. She could feel Sunset's breath on her skin. Her knees felt like they were going to give way any minute.

"S-sunset, please..." whispered Twilight, her voice no longer strong.

Sunset ran a finger down Twilight's chest. She opened Twilight's blouse button by button on her way down. She stopped once she had the blouse completely opened, exposing Twilight's purple bra.

"Twi, I don't think I can resist for much longer," Sunset whispered in Twilight's ear.

That made Twilight's breathing become heavy. A mix a fear and arousal made Twilight stay still. Her eyes searched for any sign of kindness in Sunset's red ones. But all she saw was a primal hunger along with lust. The friend she thought she knew, was gone. Replaced by someone who had little to no control over their desires and more hunger.

"Sunset, please, I am your friend," said Twilight, her voice shaking as she tried to sound confident.

Sunset rolled her eyes. She wanted to taste Twilight's blood. And nothing was going to stop her. Nothing. She placed a hand near Twilight's head as she met Twilight's gaze.

"I want to be more than friends." Sunset ran a finger down the middle of Twilight's abdomen, "And I think you want that too, am I right?" asked Sunset.

Twilight tried to ignore the lump that was forming in her throat. She looked away from Sunset's mesmerizing gaze. Feeling Sunset's touch against her bare skin gave her goosebumps. Partly because of Sunset's unusually cold touch. But also because Sunset was right. She did want to be more than friends, but not like this.

"N-no, Sunset." lied Twilight, not wanting to admit the truth.

A low growl escaped from Sunset. Frustrated at Twilight's inability to admit the truth, she walked away. But as she stood next to Filthy Rich, a hand squeezed her shoulder. She looked to see that Filthy Rich was glaring at her. She felt unable to look away as she met his gaze.

"You want her, so take it. She is yours, and yours only," whispered Filthy Rich as a familiar shimmer appeared in his eyes.

Sunset turned to Twilight. Her eyes were now a darker shade of red. As she looked at Twilight, her mouth watered in anticipation. She gave Twilight a wide grin as her fangs extended.

"Stay right there, Twi. I want to see how you taste!" Sunset said as she slowly approached Twilight.

A burst of adrenaline broke through Twilight's fear paralysis. She sprinted towards the surrounding forest. She jumped over several big logs. But she looked behind her and tripped over a slightly smaller log. She held her hands out, trying to break her fall. In the process of doing that, her left palm was cut by a jagged rock.