Chapter 32: An Unexpected Visit

Filthy Rich parked the van in a nearby parking lot. He flashed over to the orphanage's entrance. As he opened the door, he could smell the musty, old smell of the furniture mixed with bleach. He approached the main desk.

A girl, no older than Sunset, was sitting at the desk. She was typing away on the computer. The sound of typing was all that filled the otherwise silent orphanage. She was so busy typing, that she hadn't noticed that Filthy Rich was approaching her.

Filthy Rich approached the desk. His fangs extended as he smelled the rosy scent of the girl. He looked away, retracting his fangs. He wasn't going to risk revealing his real nature to her. Not until she gave what he wanted. Tapping the bell, he stood back.

The girl, hearing Filthy Rich ringing the bell, looked up. She held a gasp as she realized who was standing in front of her.

"M-mr. Rich, what are you doing here?" asked the girl.

Filthy Rich gave the girl a kind smile.

"I am here because I want to adopt some teenagers," replied Filthy Rich, leaning on the desk.

The girl grabbed the adoptions for Filthy Rich. She handed him a pen. As he grabbed the pen from her, she felt his cold skin brush against hers. She shuddered slightly.

"So Mr. Rich, if I may ask, why are you adopting" asked the girl.

Filthy Rich signed the forms. As he finished the last one, he handed the papers back to the girl. He smiled as his fangs extended once more.

"I am adopting because I want to get revenge against someone who has crossed me," replied Filthy Rich, walking up to the girl.

The girl got out of her chair. She backed away, her eyes watching Filthy Rich. Her back hit a solid wall which made her gasp softly. She gulped as Filthy Rich kept walking up to her.

"Now, should I attack you or save you for when I turn all those kids?" asked Filthy Rich.

"Um...what?" asked the girl, shaking as Filthy Rich met her gaze.

Filthy Rich saw fear in the girl's wide eyes. A small smile made its way onto his face. It pleased him to see that people feared him. He placed a hand on the wall as he leaned in close to the girl's neck. Her rosy scent was intoxicating. He wanted to kill her, to savor the taste of her blood. But he turned away, forcing himself to save her for the soon to be turned teenagers.

The girl watched as Filthy Rich leaned in one last time, breathing in. She held breath, afraid that he would sink his fangs in. But much to her relief, he walked away. She saw he was heading towards the kids' bedrooms. That made her realize that Filthy Rich had decided to let newly turned vampires kill her.

Back at Starlight's house, Sunset was being helped to her room. Applejack and Rainbow Dash set her down on the edge of her bed.

"Thanks, guys," said Sunset, coughing slightly.

Applejack gave Sunset a half smile.

"You're welcome, sugarcube," replied Applejack, sitting next to Sunset.

Sunset laid down on her bed. Her throat was starting to become sore from all her coughing. She felt sluggish, as though she was wading through deep water. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to stay awake.

Just then Starlight came in. She was carrying a small box of tissues in one hand. In the other, she had a glass of blood. The red liquid sloshed around as Starlight walked.

"Here you go, Sunset. I brought you tissues, just in case. And here's a drink as well." said Starlight, handing the blood to Sunset.

Sunset held the glass. Her eyes turned red as she eyed the blood. Lifting the glass to her lips, she took a sip. The blood tasted different than usual. It was like her body no longer craved it. She put the glass down as her eyes went back to their normal cyan color.