Epilogue

[Chris]

"Chris? Are you home?" I hear Dahlia call as she enters the house. I sit in the dining room, waiting for my birthday girl.

I've cooked up her favorite food, poured us her favorite drink, I've fixed myself up in a black suit, my long hair straightened, my eyes shadowed by Urban Decay's 'blackout' eyeshadow, my perfectly arched eyebrows just above it. I've also got her favorite scented candles, pumpkin spice on the table. Fuck yeah. The lights are dimmed, the table is perfectly adorned with a blood red table cloth, a simple white rose in the center of the table, our food and drinks placed on each side of the table. I hope my time of being a romantic doesn't fail. Not tonight.

"Um, in here, baby!" I say, loud enough for Dahlia to hear. Her footsteps approach the dining room then she appears underneath the door way.

I stand and smile over at her. Her eyes are glistening, her mouth is gaped, her face is blushed with emotion. I love it.

"I-I just wanted to make you something special tonight." I say, walking over and taking her hand.

Her eyes are admiring my work as I lead her to her chair.

"Sit, baby." I pull it out, allowing her to sit before pushing it in, slightly.

I walk around and sit on my chair across from her. She's still looking stunned at what I've done for her.

"Well, say something." I smirk.

Her eyes flicker to mine.

"Oh my. I can't believe you went to all the trouble to do this. And you're wearing a suit knowing I can't keep my hands off of you when you do. This is perfect, Christopher. You are perfect, my dear." I blush and reach across the table.

With her hand in mine, I lean in and bring it up to my lips, kissing the back, so gently.

"Only because I love you, my wicked love." I say.

"And I love you, my dark prince."

"Lets eat, baby." I say, beginning to take a bite of this lasagna I made. Not bad, Christopher. Not bad at all, my friend.

I notice she eats with a smile on her face. I grin and set down my glass after drinking from it.

"Like it?"

"So much. Thank you, baby." She winks.

I smirk and continue eating. Suddenly, she stops as if remembering something.

"Babe? What we're you doing with a man at Starbucks this afternoon?" My eyes widened. She saw me talking to Paul about the promise rings. Holy shit. "I left work early and went around town, when I stopped at Starbucks, I saw you there with a suited man..." she adds.

I swallow my food down, hard and take a drink before talking.

"Erm," I nervously clear my throat. "We were just talking business, babe. That's it." I say.

She eyes me, suspiciously.

"What was in the box?" I roll my eyes.

"Dahlia, if I tell you now, you'll ruin the surprise I have for later. Now, stop asking questions and keep eating the dinner I made just for you." I say, eating again.

She sighs but drops the subject. After dinner, I lead her upstairs and into our bedroom, which I worked on as well.

I lit the room with candles, adorned the bed with new black silk sheets, her special black box items placed on the bed, nice soft mellow music to soothe the atmosphere.