Chapter 11

NIALL'S POV

When I arrive at the hospital, I stop at a little gift shop before seeing her. I look around in the small store, trying to find something special for Adrianna.

Nothing seems that good in here, but I'll get her more gifts later.

After looking from hanger to hanger, shelf to shelf, I finally come across something perfect to give her. I pick up the silver heart necklace, bringing it up front to be engraved.

"What do you want to put on here?" A tall, bearded man takes the necklace.

"I want it to say:' You&I' with the letters:' N +A' under it."

"Okay, it'll be ready in half an hour." ugh, I'm too impatient to wait that long.

"Alright, what's the cost?"

"All together, the necklace will be two-hundred dollars." that's not much money at all, for me. I can afford anything.

"That's fine, I'll be back." I leave the gift shop, finding a cafeteria a few halls down.

Each hall I pass, I pay close attention to things I pass.

When I get to the cafeteria, I stand in line to order a burger and fries. I stand in the back of the line, with my hands deep into my pockets.

What seems like forever, I'm at the front of the line finally.

"Hello, what's for lunch?" a short lady behind the counter speaks to me.

"The cheesy melt burger and a side of fries." I motion my eyes toward the big variety of food, making me drool.

"Okay, your order will be with you soon." she walks off to the kitchen. I scan for a seat away from people, deciding on one near the back.

I flop down, sinking into the booth's cushion. I tap my fingers, impatiently waiting for my food.

"Forty Six!" I hear my number being called, making me jolt up. I make my way to the counter, gripping tightly on the tray I am handed.

After paying for it, I return to my table and dig in.

After scarfing it down, I end it with a loud belch.

I can't help but laugh at all the people putting attention to me, rolling their eyes, or shaking their heads. I crack my fingers, getting up with a full belly. I throw away the trash, putting the tray on a stack of others.

I look at the time, seeing it's been about forty minutes that I left it to be engraved.

Quickly putting my phone away, I run over to the gift shop and stop at the counter.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up a necklace." the man nods his head, turning around to a small table behind him.

"Is this your necklace?" he dangles it in front of me.

"Yes, it looks great." I grab it, admiring the beautiful work.

"Thank you very much." I add.

He smiles, putting the cash into a silver cash register.

I put it into a purple box, wrapping a yellow bow over it.

I look for a near by elevator, stopping at one right around the corner. I take a step in, remaining quiet as there is a full ride of people.

"Are you Niall Horan!?" a little girl covers her mouth.

"Uh..Yeah." I watch as her eyes widen.

"Ahhh! I love you so much! Can you -you take a picture a picture with me?" she squeezes me.

"Sure..." she grabs her mom's phone. After taking a picture with me, I get out at the ninth floor, heading to Adrianna's room. I really hope she still remembers me, or I will freak out.

Entering her room, a nurse heads out from giving her a dose into her I.V.

She smiles at me, heading to a different room.

"Hey babe, how are you?" I crouch down beside her.

She gives me a strange look, opening her mouth.

"Who's babe?" Oh no.

"Um, it's Niall. Your boyfriend.." My heart drops.

"No, I don't think so. I don't have a boyfriend." She barely meets my eyes.

"Yes. Yes you do, you just don't remember." I try not to cry.

"I've never seen you in my life, but thanks for the visit." She looks exhausted.

"This can't be happening! I won't let you go! I scream, feeling a sharp pain in my side.

"Excuse me? What?" she raises her eye brows.

"You need to quiet down in here. Patients are sleeping." A dark nurse grabs our attention.

"Sorry." i respond, watching as she walks out of the room.

"Please, you have to remember me." I frown, looking back at her.

"I don't, you're not my boyfriend and I have a massive head ache." she rubs her temples.

"Yes..I..am." I say with a stutter.

"Please leave, I would like some sleep." I stand at her command.

"Well, I got you this." I place her gift on her stomach, exiting the room.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

S h o r t c h a p t e r , b u t t h e n e x t u p d a t e i s s o o n . . .

P l e a s e v o t e , t h a n k y o u