Chapter 28

HARRY'S POV.

As the surgeon confronts me, I feel like tearing my ears off.

"During the surgery, everything worked out with Niall. But..."

I watch as he tilts his head.

"What happened!" I feel like ripping each curl out of my scalp.

"To our surprise, the surgery needed more blood than what we ever thought. And, we had to give Niall a new kidney."

"Ummm, where did he get the kidney?..."

I hope he isn't going to say what I think.......

"The girl Adrianna, was one of our patients from awhile back and she had lost her memory as we remember." He gulps.

"I know. Continue."

"With the blood we took from a certain vein, somehow it conquered a chemical rebound to her brain and she got the rest of her memory back that was lost before."

"Then, what did she do then?" I think to myself, asking how any of this is possible.

"Well before she got her memory back into place, she refused to give Niall her kidney because she didn't remember him at all."

"But then when we collected some blood, she all at once started talking about Niall and explained to us all the memories they had together in the past."

-He adds.

"Wow, that doesn't even seem possible.." I shake my head in disbelief.

"Yeah, it really amazed us. But then, she happily agreed to give him her kidney, knowing that she couldn't survive the process.

"Wow, she really was in love with Niall." I can already feel the grief that Niall is soon to experience.

I break down into a few tears, to the loss of Niall's pretty lass.

After silence filling the air, the doctor leads me into Niall's room.

He quickly notices my appearance, looking up at me as I enter into his room.

With the smile that plays on his face, I assume he doesn't know anything about Adrianna being part of the surgery.

I try to put on a positive face, but I struggle as Niall becomes more and more suspicious about the way I'm acting and the nerves shown in my eyes.

"Harry, is something wrong?..." He speaks with a sleepy, rasp in his voice.

"No, Niall....Everything is just...great..." I break the false grin, losing the dimples that were once visible.

"I know something's up, please tell me the problem!?" leaving a pause to our conversation, I don't know what to say and I try to think of what to do.

With my mind soon to explode, I run out of his room and continue running until I am a good distance from the hospital.

I keep running, until I reach somewhere with no people around that I see. I flatten my back against an oak tree, giving myself some time to settle down and calm every wild thought controlling my head.

Hours spent alone, I finally get up and head to the airport.

ADRIANNA'S POV.

The doctors keep infuriating me. They think I'm close to death because I barely show any movements.

But, I can still hold clear thoughts and hear voices around me.

The problem is, I am unable to talk or open my eyes