Chapter 14

Adrianna's POV.

I wake up early in the day, trying to remember where and who I am. I don't know my name, age, birth parents, what day or month it is, and I don't remember any past memories in my life.

The only thing I am left with, is a wide, empty hole in my chest.

It fills quickly, but only of depression and worthless heart beats keeping me alive.

I don't see a purpose of living, when there's nothing in your life.

Doctors say I've lost my memory, but I can't seem to believe the people explaining about their part in my life. I can't feel a connection to anyone or anything, I only feel like an extra piece covered in dust.

Before I can come up with more negative thoughts, i try to relax and soothe my nerves.

Opening my window, I stare up at the half lit sky and watch as the moon fades away.

I smile at the rised sun and the mixture of colors making up the sky.

All of a sudden, my door opens and I turn my attention to the nurse coming my way.

"Good morning, how is your head feeling?" she ends with a yawn.

"It feels a lot better, but still aches now and then." She slides her hands into blue, thin rubber gloves.

"It looks like your recovering faster than we thought." She says, after taking my blood pressure.

"When am I able to leave?"

"Well, we'll see what the doctor says. Maybe you could leave by tomorrow." I was hoping for today.

I respond with a sigh, cringing my eyes as she inserts a thick needle into my arm.

"Your arm will hurt for awhile, so just keep moving it to prevent numbness." She removes the needle, covering the skin with a small, stretchy band-aid.

With nothing else said, she gathers her check-up tools and leaves my room.

I rub my arm, feeling increasing amounts of pain.

NIALL'S POV.

I wake earlier than usual, Feeling a giant wave of depression take over. I decide to end the pain, making my way to the fridge.

With the sight of beer bottles, I already start to feel the depression ooze out of me.

I twist the cap off of one, placing my lips around the frosty glass.

I taste nothing, as I let it all pour down my throat. I finish it, tossing the bottle on the clean, kitchen floor.

My control starts to slip away, as I trash the floor with more empty beer bottles.

Along with that, I forget all my worries and feel a strong layer of relief.

I replace the tears with endless laughing and spend my morning being silly.

With a higher boost of energy, I jump on the couch cushions and pretend I'm at a swimming pool by jumping off the coach and diving onto the hard floor, I pretend as water.

As much as that would hurt, I feel nothing and continue with my dumb actions.

With spontaneous fun I'm having, accordingly it has to end sometime.

"What the hell! Look at this mess!" Liam enters my sight, ending my few early hours of enjoyment.

"What have you done to the place?!" He moves to each mess I've created.

"You're just a Payne in the arse!" I laugh at my hilarious phun.

Just as I make way to the couch, Liam tugs at my shirt, killing my intentions.

"Let go British boy!" I squirm around in his grip.

He pushes me onto a wooden chair, shaking me back into reality.

Just as the bluriness leaves my eyes and my control sets back in, I sit in shame staring at all the messes I made.

I already know what punishment is to come, as Liam boils in anger above me.