Chapter 18

Adrianna's POV.

Taking a look out the window, I see a little ice cream truck strolling down to my street.

I quickly grab my wallet and hurry outside to catch it.

I chase it for about half a block and balance myself in front of the menu.

"Good afternoon, what will you be getting?" I swear I can hear an Irish accent escaping his lips. Just as I think it's Niall, I look up and see a short, chubby man waiting for me to answer.

"I would like a pineapple swirl pop. Thanks." Shorty, he places a tall popsicle on the counter facing me. I pay the guy, sticking the freezing treat into my mouth and head back to my house.

Niall's POV.

I was more than just disappointed.

I felt like my whole world collapsed, the moment she changed the relief to disaster.

How can I call myself a man when I'm so damn sensitive when it comes to her?

I had to hang up, I couldn't cry in front of her.

I was supposed to perform one of our most important concerts last night.

But, you know..

Cry baby Horan, was too upset and refused to go and sing.

I just want to end it all.

I've made a fool out of myself, i've been insanely selfish, iv'e probably even cried more than my baby nephew.

Damn, I miss that kid.

I remember holding him as a newborn, I was lost in a river of tears. He looked completely like me when I was an infant.

Even as a celebrity, you can't always be happy. There's always going to be obstacles, big or small.

Yet, most of the famous stars take it all for granted and think they are better than everyone else.

That's not me at all.

Even though I've had my mistakes, I've always remained humble and every day I would thank God for how far I've gotten.

But everything is coming back at me to attack, being way too overwhelming.

Out of nowhere, I am suddenly lifted into big arms and get dragged out of my hotel.

Before I yell rape, I look at the giant man and see that it is only Paul.

"Shit, let me go!" I flap my legs and arms.

"I will put you down, once we get to the bus." He coldly states.

"I have feet! I can walk damn it!"

I raise the loudness of my voice.

"You don't get a say. We have to move on with the tour and you will not stay here in Denver."

He can't do this.

"That's fucked up! I can do whatever in the hell I want!" I boil over in anger.

"Well you signed a contract and you have to take part in the band."

"I'm a fucking adult! I can make my own decisions!"

"Apparently not." he pushes me into the bus, along with the rest of my luggages.

As I take a seat, I get strange, awkward stares from the rest of the lads surrounding me.

"What?! At least you all got your damn way!" They roll their eyes and begin to whisper to each other.

Why should I care? They're all just a bunch of Brit Brat Butts.

As it gets worse, I storm off to the very back of the bus and feel the hole in my chest drill even further.

The only boy that wasn't up there, was Harry. I hope he doesn't turn against me too. Taking a look behind me, I see Harry adjusting a handkerchief into his lock of curls.

As he finishes, he sees me curled up onto the small couch.

"Niall, what's wrong?" He asks, with a hint of rasp in his voice.

"Everything. The rest of the lads, they treat me worse than a stranger.

And, I'm forced to tag along on a misery-filled trip around America."

"You know, they just don't understand your life and they look more into their own."

"Mainly, it's because they don't care in the least bit about how I feel." I state the obvious point.

"I suppose that too. I consider them as a third-person, closed circle."

"So you honestly don't think i'm the big problem?" I desperately want at least a little comfort.

"Nah, you're the bigger person Horan!"

"What! I'm big!?" I make light of the situation, posing in front of the mirror.

He chuckles, then laughs even harder at me posing like an over weight teen.

"Okay, dork." He pats me on the back, heading into the main area.

Pacing the floor, I text Adrianna.

Counting every second, she responds two minutes later.

*Hi.*-Adrianna.

Me-*How are you?*

*Lazy.*-Adrianna.

Me-*That's how ya describe me everyday.*

*Um, sure.*-Adrianna.

Me-*N+A.*

After sending the last text, I get no response. The idiot I am, just had to type that in.

The day goes by with me watching golf and a little of football by myself.

Though, Harry would step in once awhile.

Turning off the television, I stare out the window and watch the rain fall harder and harder.

We must be near Washington.

I decide to spend some time on song writing and new melodies I can find on my guitar.

With a bunch of rejected papers scattered everywhere, I finally write something that would work.

Ending the chorus, I write the words: 'HALF A HEART' on top of the paper.

With a little more to go, Harry comes by again, helping me finish it.

We both end up falling fast asleep on the hard, moving floor.