Chapter 25

NIALL'S POV.

With a massive head ache, I wake curled up by a big oak tree.

I scan my pockets for my cell phone, finally spotting it in the thin grass.

I try calling Harry, with it going right to voicemail because of the poor connection.

I decide to walk a different direction, (One Direction lol) finally finding a small gas station up the road. I run with the energy that still remains in my body, losing breath when I get to the front door.

As I take a step in a little bell sounds, reminding me of the jingle that escaped the ice cream truck.

I smile at the good times, getting lost in thought.

"Can I help you?" a short cashier walks over to me.

"Nah, I'm just looking for something to eat."

He gives an eye roll, heading back to the counter that is almost as tall as him.

I can't help but laugh, despite the glares I'm receiving from him.

I cover my mouth, making way over to the fresh hot dog stand.

I could give a shit less about the spatula, I step right in and help myself.

With five hotdogs and two large slushies in my arms, I walk over to the front counter.

"You're going to eat all that?" He gives a strange look, matching his western accent.

"Who else is going to?" I state the known, short point.

"Well, bye." he throws the change at me.

"Good afternoon to you too.." I mumble, leaving the little station quickly.

I find a place to sit, digging in to my somewhat delicious treat.

With a belch or two, I stand from my spot and continue my "Wonderful" journey.

Five miles later, I enter a small little town with friendly people.

To my surprise, I spy a little ice cream truck not very different to the looks of mine.

As it gets to me, I pull out a couple bucks, heading over to where it's parked on the side of a side walk.

Waiting in the loud, short line, I watch as each young child takes grip of the ice cream like it's some prized possession.

They run off, leaving me as the last person in line.

"The fudge bar." I simply state.

" a dollar, fifty." I hand him a five,

letting him keep the rest as he retrieves my ice cream.

With a warm smile, I take off and remove the wrapper.

I stick it right in my mouth, walking through the town and studying the beautiful sceneries I pass along the way.

I finish the dripping ice cream intertwined with my fingers, stopping at a car rental shop up the block.

I clean the sticky mess, walking into the heavy air- conditioned shop.

I hurry to the front, as it is about to close and am given a few sheets of paperwork to sign.

Blah, blah...blah, blah..... I replace the boring words, and scan through the rest of listed requirements.

Signing my name for the last time, I follow behind the man and stop in front of a row of vehicles.

Going through half the cars and rejecting each one so far, I stand in awe at the sight of a brand new, little ice cream truck.

"I would like to rent this one." He gives me an odd look as to why I would choose something like this over the others.

"This old fart, ain't for sell."

He shows me his crooked teeth, giving me a wide and dorky smile.

"How much is it worth?"

"Twenty thousand." He crosses his arms.

"Psst. I have more than that little amount." I give a bragging- toned laugh.

"Alright pay up, but I'm raising the price."

"Okay, whatever.." I could really care less.

"You want it?.... Then pay me fortey- thousand dollars and it's yours."

I shrug, handing him my credit card.

With my card back and put away, I drive away in my brand-new ice cream truck.

In just a couple hours, I make it back to Denver and make an endless search for Adrianna's hospital.

I find it in the most visible spot, parking into an open parking spot.

With same nerves like before, I head up to her room and ignore every distraction.

I read out the numbers to her room, walking through the open curtains behind her door.

I feel my heart beating faster, from just a short look at her beauty.

I would give any thing to feel the electricity we used to have, while touching lips.

Her soft, thick lips and her beautiful, heaven- like eyes staring into mine.

I miss it more than I miss being at home, and I miss it more than anything in the universe.

No matter how hard I try, I always stick with her, and her only.

As she opens her eyes, I make sure to steal her attention.

She looks at me with sleep in her eyes, showing a confused expression.

"Who are you?" Not again...

"It's me, Niall." She looks even more puzzled.

"Niall? I don't know any Nialls.."

"Well, you used to know me." I feel frustration building up inside of me.

"No, I don't think so."

I move my eyes over to the nurse entering the room.

"What happened to her?!" I chew the tips of my nails.

"She hit her head and triggered her memory completely gone."

"No! That's not.. True!" I stutter my words.

"I'm afraid it is, I'm sorry but she will never get a single memory of anything ever again."

I break into tears, feeling the worst I've ever felt in my life.

"Adrianna, you have to remember me! Please!"