Chapter 1 - Case i

Part 1 - A Ghost in My Head

Possession cases weren't usually common, however in this incident, they were piling up on your desk rapidly. 

You had three in total so far, four if it weren't for the one you had recently taken care of. They were difficult and took a toll on your mental health and sometimes physical if they got violent, but that didn't stop you from working them. Even if your job kept you from actually having a 'life'. Your job was your life, for now at least. No fun, no hobbies and no romance. Friends were a slightly different situation. You had made friends within the P.I.A as well as someone else outside of work and it made your life a little lighter on your shoulders.

Sighing, you knew the only way to get through these cases was to do one at a time and keep pushing through. Some would take longer than others but that's just how it was sometimes. So as you sat at your desk, you plucked the top file from the pile and opened it up.

JEON JUNGKOOK

AGE: 19

GENDER: Male

CASE: Possession

 EXTRA DETAILS: Called in by Mrs Jeon. Lives with his single mother. Started showing signs of aggression, drastic change in behaviour. 

Mrs Jeon's description, 'The whole house is constantly cold, and strange paranormal things have been happening in my life since my son changed into this...thing.' 

You couldn't help but roll your eyes at the mother's description. Typical of 'normal' people to describe it like that to be honest. 

It was a classic ghost occurrence when an area was haunted, that it would grow colder and darker, even at midday under the sun, otherwise known as 'cold spots'.

Possession cases were much difficult to handle and mentally challenging unlike simple house hauntings and whatnot, but you accepted nonetheless because it was your nature to help others.

You hated to see others in such distress, helping others gave you a good sense of satisfaction and it made you feel better that there was one less unhappy person in the world. These kind of cases would often completely ruin lives and tear families apart, and you hated it. So you would do what you could to stop as many of these cases as you could. 

Bang Shihyuk, the CEO of the small company was also your boss and would often be the one to finalise decisions.

With any case that you chose you would have to submit it to Mr Bang to analyse, then he would give you the permission to go through with it.

You stood in his office facing the man who read through the case file at his desk, silent in his concentration. You waited patiently for your boss to finish his analysis.

"Seeing as your last possession case went pretty smoothly, I'll accept this one Miss (L/n). Take Yugyeom and Jackson with you for backup, and as always make sure no harm comes to the host. We don't want to lose our good reputation."

You bowed slightly in thanks and respect to your boss.

"Thank you sir, I won't let you down!" You said with a little salute to go with it. Bang smiled in amusement.